Stickered clear 1/8 Infraction body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blez

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. 4x4-Mega
  2. Felony
  3. Senton 3s
Thought it might be cool to see what an unpainted 1/8 Infraction body would look like with loads of stickers applied. It looked cooler in my head :rolleyes: Also put on some new gold Hoons and went back to my 20T pinion. Tried out a 21T but it only got me to 51 MPH, whereas the 20T gets me to 54 MPH. Not sure why :unsure: Lastly, I finally bit the bullet and replaced the chassis. The original was trashed and the nerf bars had broken off.

Not sure what I'll do next. Love the new Bittydesign Divina, but I'll probably end up getting a pre-painted, pre-cut body from Arrma since I'm so bad at painting and cutting bodies. I just really don't like any of the paint schemes they have for the 1/8 Infraction (including the new options). It would be cool if they offered simple, solid color options.

20221006_163024.jpg

20221006_162947.jpg

20221006_163054.jpg

20221006_163153.jpg

20221006_163327.jpg

Looks perfect to me...but I've been called King Clear Body before. I'm nervous about painting so I don't do it. I've paid for paint jobs twice but I retired one cause I don't do anything but tear them up after crashes, flips, roof slides and cartwheels.

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1b1.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_194.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_97.jpg
UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_61.jpg

UNADJUSTEDNONRAW_thumb_1cb.jpg
eels.

Looks perfect to me...but I've been called King Clear Body before. I'm nervous about painting so I don't do it. I've paid for paint jobs twice but I retired one cause I don't do anything but tear them up after crashes, flips, roof slides and cartwheels.

View attachment 248458View attachment 248459View attachment 248460View attachment 248461
View attachment 248457eels.
Dude, what is that in the 3rd pic w/ the limitless body? Love it!!! 🥰🤩🤘 You've got some bada$$ looking builds bro & I love your style!!!!!!

I dig the fins, but I Carry mine by the cage! 🤣🤣
You can still carry it that way. The fins are on there tight enough that they won't come off if you lift the truck that way. Plus they're good for mounting stuff on! (e.g. GPS, GoPro)
The infraction is a real cool body style either way. Blast the inside with corsa grey and call it done. Nothings ever perfect.
Yes, my last one I did in black and masked the windows so they'd be clear. I used two cans of paint and after I put on the protective stickers Arrma gives you for the body posts and nerf bars, but the paint still started wearing through, so figured I'd leave it clear this time. That Corsa Grey does look nice though!

View attachment 248458View attachment 248459View attachment 248460View attachment 248461
View attachment 248457eels.
Yea for sure, I am the exact same way. There's not really anywhere good to drive around my house (plus I'm not the most careful driver), so my Infraction normally has one or two serious crashes per ride. I really think Arrma should make options that come in simple colors (e.g. black, white, silver, primary colors). It would be great if they were not painted, but instead the plastic itself were in those colors so you wouldn't have to worry about scratching the color off. In any case, those builds look rad man 🤘
Got fidgety and ended up making some changes to simplify a bit. Wound up using more of the Arrma stickers on the body, then the Hoonigan stickers to stickerbomb the splitter. Less harlequin-y now. I'm sure the stickers on the splitter won't last long, but oh well.

Attachments

• 20221008_123622.jpg
    20221008_123622.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 49
  • 20221008_124027.jpg
    20221008_124027.jpg
    142.1 KB · Views: 54
Last edited:
Dude, what is that in the 3rd pic w/ the limitless body? Love it!!! 🥰🤩🤘 You've got some bada$$ looking builds bro & I love your style!!!!!!
Its a Talion chassis. Believe it or not all the photos shown here are the same chassis except for the TLR Typhon which is the second pic. All of them have gone by the wayside due to crashes or just experimenting. That Limitless one took the hardest crash in my short RC experience. Was racing here in Philly at the Plateau (Jazzy Jeff and Fresh Prince "Summertime" song) and spun out then ran into a pole. Thing spun around like helicopter blades then landed on its side. Nothing survived except for the M2C chassis and 3 Vitavon hubs...lipos with ESC ejected, lost the tires (hexes stripped off). Total carnage. The last pic is the current state its in now. Been holding up well so far but I'm more careful with it and I've gotten better with tuning suspension and stuff since then so my driving has gotten better as a result.

Thought it might be cool to see what an unpainted 1/8 Infraction body would look like with loads of stickers applied. It looked cooler in my head :rolleyes: Also put on some new gold Hoons and went back to my 20T pinion. Tried out a 21T but it only got me to 51 MPH, whereas the 20T gets me to 54 MPH. Not sure why :unsure: Lastly, I finally bit the bullet and replaced the chassis. The original was trashed and the nerf bars had broken off.

Not sure what I'll do next. Love the new Bittydesign Divina, but I'll probably end up getting a pre-painted, pre-cut body from Arrma since I'm so bad at painting and cutting bodies. I just really don't like any of the paint schemes they have for the 1/8 Infraction (including the new options). It would be cool if they offered simple, solid color options.

View attachment 248377

View attachment 248378

View attachment 248379

View attachment 248380

View attachment 248381
I've done that before also just as an excercise. Just that the lines of the body get lost because its clear. The aestetics suffer IMHO.
Paint brings out the lines and style better with any body.
Regarding painting, surely anyone can easily paint a body if using just one color. How hard can that be?:unsure: Decals will spruce it up even more.
Pre-painted stock bodies get played out after a while. I agree.
Want fancy multi color paint jobs with graphics, and you have to do it yourself or pay someone.
Painting is part of the hobby. And a simple one color job is so easy. Silly easy peasy.:cool: How can you screw it up?

Nice rig there.(y)

Last edited:
I've done that before also just as an excercise. Just that the lines of the body get lost because its clear. The aestetics suffer IMHO.
Regarding painting, surely anyone can easily paint a body if using just one color. How hard can that be?:unsure: Decals will spruce it up even more.
Want fancy multi color paint jobs with graphics, and you have to do it yourself or pay someone.
Painting is part of the hobby. And a simple one color job is so easy. Silly easy peasy.:cool: How can you screw it up?

Nice rig there.(y)
Agreed. Shooting one color brings out the definition of any body style. Practice makes perfect. Tamiya makes pinstripe tape or even blue painters tape for thicker racing stripes also works great.

Nice rig there.(y)
Yes, I think the mistake I have been making is using spray rather than brush paint. I have done two bodies and they both looked good at first (IMO) but the paint eventually flaked off. I think it's either because I used spray or because I didn't clear coat it afterward. If you have any contacts who do custom bodies, please lmk! Most of the ones I find on eBay are not for the 1/8. I had my eye on this one, but I slept on it and when I went to buy it, it was already sold: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354185287887. Below are some of the bodies I sprayed in Traxxas black. Maybe I'll buy another clear Arrma body and hand paint it this time.

20220921_145703.jpg

Screen Shot 2022-10-20 at 6.55.26 AM.png

Yes, I think the mistake I have been making is using spray rather than brush paint. I have done two bodies and they both looked good at first (IMO) but the paint eventually flaked off. I think it's either because I used spray or because I didn't clear coat it afterward. If you have any contacts who do custom bodies, please lmk! Most of the ones I find on eBay are not for the 1/8. I had my eye on this one, but I slept on it and when I went to buy it, it was already sold: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354185287887. Below are some of the bodies I sprayed in Traxxas black. Maybe I'll buy another clear Arrma body and hand paint it this time.

View attachment 251209

View attachment 251210
I don't know what paint you're using or what your process is, but I've sprayed a number of bodies with Tamiya paint where, beforehand, I thoroughly wash the body with dish soap & water, scuff it up with a Scotchbrite pad or something similar, give it a final wipe down with alcohol and I've never had any paint flake out thus far. It's stuck in there like white on rice (or sauer on kraut in my case).

^^^
+1
@blez , you are doing something wrong.
@Diem Turner pretty much explained it. It's fool proof if you do it the right way.
Must use an RC Polycarbonate paint. A must. Tamiya "PS" paint is the best. I tried the rest. The body must be cleaned, scuffed then cleaned. Several light coats of paint . It won't flake off. Let paint dry between coats.
You cannot use regular spray can paint at all. Brushing is no good. Unless for small detailed graphics. But....again, still need to use bottled Polycarb. specific paint for RC Lexan bodies. Lexan is synonymous for Polycarbonate plastic, FWIW. And regular Home Depot paint will not "etch" into Lexan pastics. Will peel off the plastic easily. Can't be cheap about the paint. RC paints are not cheap. But truly necessary.
The only way to paint a clear RC body. No getting around this. Or you are just wasting money, time and effort. :cool:

Last edited:
^^^
+1
@blez , you are doing something wrong.
@Diem Turner pretty much explained it. It's fool proof if you do it the right way.
Must use an RC Polycarbonate paint. A must. Tamiya "PS" paint is the best. I tried the rest. The body must be cleaned, scuffed then cleaned. Several light coats of paint . It won't flake off. Let paint dry between coats.
You cannot use regular spray can paint at all. Brushing is no good. Unless for small detailed graphics. But....again, still need to use bottled Polycarb. specific paint for RC Lexan bodies. Lexan is synonymous for Polycarbonate plastic, FWIW. And regular Home Depot paint will not "etch" into Lexan pastics. Will peel off the plastic easily. Can't be cheap about the paint. RC paints are not cheap. But truly necessary.
The only way to paint a clear RC body. No getting around this. Or you are just wasting money, time and effort. :cool:
Time and time again I'm amazed at how far a single little Tamiya spray can goes, even on a 1/7 scale body. The covering properties of their paint is outstanding.

+1
I find that the spray tips and pressure in the cans are unique also. Tamiya dominates as RC model paints go. Always did.
Just ask Hemistorm. This guy is the guru of RC painting IMHO.
Watch all his videos. I guarantee it will make any newb a pro.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back