Stickered clear 1/8 Infraction body

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, I think the mistake I have been making is using spray rather than brush paint. I have done two bodies and they both looked good at first (IMO) but the paint eventually flaked off. I think it's either because I used spray or because I didn't clear coat it afterward. If you have any contacts who do custom bodies, please lmk! Most of the ones I find on eBay are not for the 1/8. I had my eye on this one, but I slept on it and when I went to buy it, it was already sold: https://www.ebay.com/itm/354185287887. Below are some of the bodies I sprayed in Traxxas black. Maybe I'll buy another clear Arrma body and hand paint it this time.

View attachment 251209

View attachment 251210
I'm just not a Fan of Black colors for RC cars or even Scale cars. But we all have our tastes.
The lines still get lost. Black always looks dirtier than it is.
And its much easier to see brighter colors/graphics that Pop on an RC body, when out Bashing.
I sometimes bash at night. Black would make me crash into things. Could never see it at a distance.
I had a dark blue painted body once . Still bad news for me.

I'm just not a Fan of Black colors for RC cars or even Scale cars. But we all have our tastes.
And its much easier to see brighter colors/graphics that Pop on an RC body, when out Bashing.
I sometimes bash at night. Black would make me crash into things. Could never see it at a distance.
While I generally agree, I still dig my blacked out C7R. I think the lines are still well preserved in this example. I had to have one after seeing Mr.Duke's Vader 3.
SAM_6299.JPG

@Mr.Duke 's rig was mint. I distinctly remember that build too. (y) Why I always wanted a DP Vette body for my Lim.
On the shelf, Black is so pretty IMHO.
Having worked in Auto Body paint and repair, I have a love hate relationship with Black colors. More like PTSD.:LOL:

@Mr.Duke 's rig was mint. I distinctly remember that build too. (y) Why I always wanted a DP Vette body for my Lim.
I was wondering why my body had a few details different than Duke's. It took me a while to realize he was using the Protoform/Proline SWB 1/8 scale body. I love the pro-stock spoiler on the rear of his. I went more for the GT3 look.

I don't know what paint you're using or what your process is, but I've sprayed a number of bodies with Tamiya paint where, beforehand, I thoroughly wash the body with dish soap & water, scuff it up with a Scotchbrite pad or something similar, give it a final wipe down with alcohol and I've never had any paint flake out thus far. It's stuck in there like white on rice (or sauer on kraut in my case).
I tend to use this Traxxas paint since it comes in the 13.5 oz cans: https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...-c-lexan-spray-paint-13.5oz-tra5055x/p1347597. I didn't know about scuffing bodies and then using alcohol. I will give that a try next time! Also, I lol'd at "sauer on kraut" :LOL:
Yes, I've definitely noticed it's harder to keep track of the car in the late afternoon now that it's starting to get darker earlier in the day. I've heard the safest motorcycle helmets are white ones because they're the most visible, so may apply that logic to the next body I paint!

I tend to use this Traxxas paint since it comes in the 13.5 oz cans: https://www.amainhobbies.com/traxxa...-c-lexan-spray-paint-13.5oz-tra5055x/p1347597. I didn't know about scuffing bodies and then using alcohol. I will give that a try next time! Also, I lol'd at "sauer on kraut" :LOL:

Yes, I've definitely noticed it's harder to keep track of the car in the late afternoon now that it's starting to get darker earlier in the day. I've heard the safest motorcycle helmets are white ones because they're the most visible, so may apply that logic to the next body I paint!
The scuffing definitely gives the paint a bit more to bite into. Let us know how it works out :)

While I generally agree, I still dig my blacked out C7R. I think the lines are still well preserved in this example. I had to have one after seeing Mr.Duke's Vader 3.
View attachment 251219
Oh dang this thing is 🔥🔥🔥
Having worked in Auto Body paint and repair, I have a love hate relationship with Black colors. More like PTSD.:LOL:
Are you guys referring to these?

https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/8s-infraction.13016/
https://www.arrmaforum.com/media/vader-3-0.13618/

Those are some menacing looking builds 😈

Oh dang this thing is 🔥🔥🔥
Thank you :)

One thing I can recommend is to put lights on your car. It's immensely helpful for orientation at distance, even during daylight hours. I wound up putting a Killerbody light kit on the Corvette and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I also used the light buckets from the Killerbody Corvette body.

Thank you :)

One thing I can recommend is to put lights on your car. It's immensely helpful for orientation at distance, even during daylight hours. I wound up putting a Killerbody light kit on the Corvette and I'm really happy with how it turned out. I also used the light buckets from the Killerbody Corvette body.
Crazy how bright they are. Really makes it easier to follow at a distance. I was messing around with some old cycling lights, but it didn't help much because they weren't really facing outward.

It's stuck in there like white on rice (or sauer on kraut in my case)
Damnit Diem.... Now I'm craving bratwurst! Kraut, mustard and onions! Perfection

Clear bodies can look good but I think scratches would show even more than if there were a coat of paint underneath.
Back in the day I used to paint bodies often, thats when you could get bodies for $20. Haven't painted once since starting back but my HELLRZR 1/8 infraction is in desperate need. Haven't found something with the right wheelwells for the 17MM GRP's I'm running yet.

Last edited:
Crazy how bright they are. Really makes it easier to follow at a distance. I was messing around with some old cycling lights, but it didn't help much because they weren't really facing outward.
It helps...a lot. If you're looking for lights that you can easily see, even on a bright sunny day, these are the lights I normally run.

I use two sets of these up front (though one is probably enough, they're bright as all get out)
https://www.rcmart.com/g-t-power-hi...stem-for-rc-truck-car-boat-gtp-37367-00037367
1656124083811.png

And one of these screwed into my diffusor. Mine is by a company called Fischer but I can't find it for sale in the US. This should be the equivalent. It looks exactly like the one I have anyways. Yes, this one currently out of stock, but should get you pointed in right direction. These are blindingly bright tail lights. Absolutely love it.
https://amz.run/5iQ3
1656124432476.png

Just for an idea of how bright the tail light is, this is me with the light in my mouth...facing away from the camera. All the light you see is coming from inside my head. It might be one of my favorite "self portraits".
1666446723579.png

Last edited:
It helps...a lot. If you're looking for lights that you can easily see, even on a bright sunny day, these are the lights I normally run.

I use two sets of these up front (though one is probably enough, they're bright as all get out)
https://www.rcmart.com/g-t-power-hi...stem-for-rc-truck-car-boat-gtp-37367-00037367
1656124083811.png

And one of these screwed into my diffusor. Mine is by a company called Fischer but I can't find it for sale in the US. This should be the equivalent. It looks exactly like the one I have anyways. Yes, this one currently out of stock, but should get you pointed in right direction. These are blindingly bright tail lights. Absolutely love it.
https://amz.run/5iQ3
1656124432476.png

Just for an idea of how bright the tail light is, this is me with the light in my mouth...facing away from the camera. All the light you see is coming from inside my head. It might be one of my favorite "self portraits".
View attachment 251535
Man I gotta step my game up I guess. Doin +100mph in the dark, meanwhile I'm struggling to get 55mph in daylight... It's getting harder and harder to resist buying a Felony. Also, the pic above is 💯 Halloween 🎃

Yeah I notice from a distance, when the rig drives into a shaded area out of the sunlight, I lose sight easily. And I have decent vision. I need very bright colors. Florescents etc. I crash way less this way. Sounds silly I know:giggle:.

Off Topic.....
@Diem Turner I am cooking brats for dinner tonight. Couldn't resist any longer! We have three different Krauts in our fridge!🤣🤣
Right on brother. I'm a huge fan of Reuben style sammiches as well...though I have my own spin on it. Instead of corned beef I liked to use Boar's Head pesto parmesan ham, smoked gouda instead of Swiss and swap the dressing for Dijon mustard. Slap some kraut on there and you have yourself a treat especial.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back