Notorious Stiff ball joints

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LIL2LOW

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with notorious stiff steering problems. I read a lot of posts about Circle upgrades and bent steering arms however I have not found anything about stiff ball joints. It seems that's where the Crux of my problem is any suggestions?

If you are talking about the 4 balls that screw into the arms they are the pillow balls. If you are using the stock wheels they can be adjusted thru the wheels with a 5mm Allen wrench. Just back them off a touch until they are free but have no or very little play.

If you are talking about the 4 balls that screw into the arms they are the pillow balls. If you are using the stock wheels they can be adjusted thru the wheels with a 5mm Allen wrench. Just back them off a touch until they are free but have no or very little play.
Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about but I can't get a balance between having little or no play and being too stiff. As soon as I loosen them enough to have Lo steering resistance they seem much too loose

Yes, that's exactly what I'm talking about but I can't get a balance between having little or no play and being too stiff. As soon as I loosen them enough to have Lo steering resistance they seem much too loose

See if my video helps. I have a part about setting the balls.

Hey guys, I'm looking for some help with notorious stiff steering problems. I read a lot of posts about Circle upgrades and bent steering arms however I have not found anything about stiff ball joints. It seems that's where the Crux of my problem is any suggestions?
I used break clean, and then silicone grease for caliper slides, works really good. My steering wouldnt turn at all. Its high temp too

Attachments

• 15557902652687708866253270653649.jpg
    15557902652687708866253270653649.jpg
    220.5 KB · Views: 39
Thanks I'll take a look
Thanks for the video. All the stuff you said is basically what I did, however I hadn't taken the servo out of the equation. Now that I disconnected the servo when I have time I'll reassemble the front end and see what happens.
I used break clean, and then silicone grease for caliper slides, works really good. My steering wouldnt turn at all. Its high temp too
Thanks, I put it all back together this morning. I used some diff Lube that seemed to do the trick for now. Still don't care for how loose front end is. Next I got to figure out how to keep the front end on the ground so I can steer. Even at steady throttle the truck wants to hold a wheelie

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back