Stiffer shock springs, limiters etc for speed runs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Fuel tubing on your shock shaft
Yes that's something I have done before to limit my shock travel. Got some soft/firm pipe on them all at the moment...
30 Shock limiters added & ride height set.jpg

Funny that I saw this post today. I have been trying to think of a solution for the Limitless rear shocks, I wanted to firm them up considerably but not completely lock them out. I tried the Hot Racing black springs that are made for the Nero, but they aren't actually any more firm than the stock Limitless springs. I thought I would try the nitro fuel tubing on the shock shafts trick. I cut a piece about 1mm shorter than the exposed shock shaft and put that over the shaft. Then I wound about 4 inches of Gorilla tape around the tubing, cut to the same witdh as the tube. Lastly I used some 3 to 1 shrink tube over the shaft and black lower cap. Lastly a zip tie around it to keep everything tight. This is the end result, and it works well. When I press down on the back shock tower, the nitro tube/shrink tube has about 3 mm of give before it stops moving completely. So far I just tested it out on the street outside, with relatively hard acceleration up to about 80 mph and it worked well, the shocks had a tiny bit of squat in the back under acceleration, then just stayed solid until I let off. Hopefully I can get out for a real speedrun this coming week now that the rain is hopefully over, and see if these will prevent a blowover.. I have had a couple runs where the Car stayed planted until between 125 and 130mph, then the rear squatted too much and an instant blowover was the result. This was with the stock springs wound almost all the way down, and a large degree of rake on the chassis with the rear about 12mm higher than the front. Hopefully these will do the trick and keep it on the ground

IMG_5206.JPG

IMG_5207.JPG

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back