Kraton still deciding between kraton and talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

N4SIR

Retired NYPD full time Basher
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Mojave
im still on the fence .. someone said on my older talion thread that they needed to add kraton hexes hubs and axles to prevent rollover... i figure at that point just get the kraton? i basically want whichever is going to corner and rollover LESS talion looks better (to me visually) i like the stance etc but worry about it being less durable than a kraton.. i thought that the talion would be more stable on the ground vs the kraton with the smaller wheels etc... anyone with any knowledge would be appreciated

They needed to make the Talion wider?
thats what i thought.. apparently the talion is not as wide as the kraton.. now that could simply be tires etc... i was planning on putting 4s backflips on either one so now i just need to figure which one would roll less and handle grass and dirt better

heres the reply i found it
I love my Kraton and other Arrmas, but the Talion is my go to in the fleet because of the way it handles and glides through the air like no other. My one complaint was that it liked to traction roll on hard corners sometimes but was completely remedied by adding wider Kraton hubs and axles at all 4 corners. Throw a 20t pinion in it and drive it till the wheels come off.

Bottom line they are both great. My vote is kraton. I love mine and after driving a talion I never felt like I needed one in my life.

they seem even on most specs the wheelbase width is just the tires

kraton:
SPECIFICATIONS
Length: 23.39 (594mm)
Width: 18.15 (461mm)
Height: 7.68 (195mm)
Wheelbase: 14.84 (377mm)

Talion
SPECIFICATIONS
Vehicle:
Length:
21.65 (550mm)
Width: 16.46 (418mm)
Height: 7.0 (180mm)
Wheelbase: 14.88 (378mm)

thats what i thought.. apparently the talion is not as wide as the kraton.. now that could simply be tires etc... i was planning on putting 4s backflips on either one so now i just need to figure which one would roll less and handle grass and dirt better

heres the reply i found it
Well that was said by @Mr.Duke so I’d call the info good. Now Kraton or Talion, I would go with the Talion because I hear it’s aweosme. You may need the Kraton gearing to run large tires though. I had a Kraton and I truly miss it.

I have both and like them both. Handling wise the talion will steer inside the Kraton and is faster with stock electrics. It’s also pounds lighter and breaks less. Kraton is far from stock anymore. It’s a real bruiser. Where it’s better than a talion is unkept bash spots. Like my township dump area, cronstruction sites, dirt lots and tallish grass. Talion everywhere else. Be careful and you will end up with a typhon and an outcast too...

I think picking between the 2 comes down to personal preference as both are excellent choices.
The difference between the width of the two are a mixture of tire width/wheel offset and the different hubs and axle lengths at each corner.
0EE39FC5-FED6-4FED-A827-DF5817A1C4DD.jpeg

Kraton hubs and wheel axles on the left stock Talion v3/v4 hubs and axles on the right. Not much but it makes a difference.
Tire selection for both have a lot to do with handling as well. I can run Katars on either and change the characteristics dramatically vs say backflips. In stock form the Kraton handles rough terrain better and soaks up larger bumps without knocking you offline like it will driving the Talion. The Talion however is lower slung and can be easier to slide around corners, lighter weight and accelerated faster the the Kraton in most situations.

I have the Talion and love it !!! Got a set of Noto Backflips and it greatly changed the way it drives ( wheelies on command !!! ) , and rotates in the air alot quicker!!! But when you want that low slung/handle under full throttle (powerslide ) the stock tires on the Talion do a great job , accelerate with it staying planted , etc !!!!
IMO , best of both worlds like this !!!! Out of my 6s lineup , the Talion and Mojave are tied for my favorite .

Kraton is a badas_ looking rig. If I could only have one over the other, Kraton is the King!

I think picking between the 2 comes down to personal preference as both are excellent choices.
The difference between the width of the two are a mixture of tire width/wheel offset and the different hubs and axle lengths at each corner.
View attachment 61906
Kraton hubs and wheel axles on the left stock Talion v3/v4 hubs and axles on the right. Not much but it makes a difference.
Tire selection for both have a lot to do with handling as well. I can run Katars on either and change the characteristics dramatically vs say backflips. In stock form the Kraton handles rough terrain better and soaks up larger bumps without knocking you offline like it will driving the Talion. The Talion however is lower slung and can be easier to slide around corners, lighter weight and accelerated faster the the Kraton in most situations.
Question:
what is better? The talion with kraton hubs and axles or the kraton with backflips?
also what tires you run on the modded talion? katar?

Question:
what is better? The talion with kraton hubs and axles or the kraton with backflips?
also what tires you run on the modded talion? katar?
“Better” is so subjective from person to person I’m not sure how much weight you should put on this....
by the slimmest of margins, the Talion with wider hubs. I run proline 3.8 badlands when I want more grip/air control and Katars when I want to be more technical on the ground and do more sliding the back end around. With the badlands width increases to 18.5” (current setup is 30f/1M/60r 20t pinion for my style of bashing)
CAD1DBD5-A534-463A-8146-E7A8F65B0B42.jpeg

“Better” is so subjective from person to person I’m not sure how much weight you should put on this....
by the slimmest of margins, the Talion with wider hubs. I run proline 3.8 badlands when I want more grip/air control and Katars when I want to be more technical on the ground and do more sliding the back end around. With the badlands width increases to 18.5” (current setup is 30f/1M/60r 20t pinion for my style of bashing)
View attachment 61935

That looks nice... Have your ever run backflip 4s tires on that talion? I bet they would be awesome!

I have a set of backflip LPs that I run on the Kraton but I haven’t run them on the Talion. I probably should at some point though.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back