Kraton still deciding between kraton and talion

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The talion is slimmer so it conforms to 1/8 scale truggy race specs. If you are going to widen and put big tires on it you may save money and buy the Kraton. I do like the way the electrics are slightly rearward and the chassis braces lock into the chassis. Also like the talion s servo local better. Imo much of what makes the talion so special is the weight. Even with an m2c chassis and my homemade carbon braces it still is much lighter than my Kraton. The katars are much of the savings and what make it what it is. I can’t bring myself to run it on heavy tires. I would not go any heavier than the bf lp.

The talion is slimmer so it conforms to 1/8 scale truggy race specs. If you are going to widen and put big tires on it you may save money and buy the Kraton. I do like the way the electrics are slightly rearward and the chassis braces lock into the chassis. Also like the talion s servo local better. Imo much of what makes the talion so special is the weight. Even with an m2c chassis and my homemade carbon braces it still is much lighter than my Kraton. The katars are much of the savings and what make it what it is. I can’t bring myself to run it on heavy tires. I would not go any heavier than the bf lp.
yeah keeping it light would be the way to go .. If i got it i would keep the stock chassis and just do F+R chassis braces prob a savox servo and voltage hobby servo mount .. i see the backflips as a fun "option" for rougher terrain bashes.. do the kraton and talion have the same diffs? i worry about having diff issues out of the box etc

Talion w the BF's .

Attachments

• IMG_4083.JPG
    IMG_4083.JPG
    109.9 KB · Views: 47
yeah keeping it light would be the way to go .. If i got it i would keep the stock chassis and just do F+R chassis braces prob a savox servo and voltage hobby servo mount .. i see the backflips as a fun "option" for rougher terrain bashes.. do the kraton and talion have the same diffs? i worry about having diff issues out of the box etc
Same diffs, arms, f/r driveshafts, dog bones and cvd’s. Same steering assembly links and 17mm hex’s. It’s pretty easy to mix and match parts between 2 to make a hybrid version

I do like the way the electrics are slightly rearward and the chassis braces lock into the chassis.

I wonder why they never made that same chassis brace revision to the V4 Kraton and Typhon. I thought for sure they would have. They introduced the chassis locking feature on the V3 Talion correct?

im still on the fence .. someone said on my older talion thread that they needed to add kraton hexes hubs and axles to prevent rollover... i figure at that point just get the kraton? i basically want whichever is going to corner and rollover LESS talion looks better (to me visually) i like the stance etc but worry about it being less durable than a kraton.. i thought that the talion would be more stable on the ground vs the kraton with the smaller wheels etc... anyone with any knowledge would be appreciated
are you talking about the kraton 8s?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back