Still having issues with my Arrma Outcast

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
  2. Outcast 6s
  3. Talion
  4. Typhon 6s
So I was having a problem with my outcast . At first red light flashing on esc and no steering or throttle. I did the throttle setup and now the throttle works but no steering . Is there a steering setup . I tried the end point adjustment but no movement . I’ve swap a lot of working parts to troubleshoot. Please help

So I was having a problem with my outcast . At first red light flashing on esc and no steering or throttle. I did the throttle setup and now the throttle works but no steering . Is there a steering setup . I tried the end point adjustment but no movement . I’ve swap a lot of working parts to troubleshoot. Please help

have you followed these instructions to bind the controller to the ESC?

523A965C-03DA-4014-A8B6-CF91C662EB0B.png

No as I’m using a tactic ttx300. And I binded the controller I have throttle but no steering
I’m starting to think it’s the servo. It’s a 2 year old savox . I took a brand new blx185 and motor new reciever just didn’t test with a different servo

Bad friggin servo . 1 yr old savox. Done for. Don’t get it put them away they work take them out and there broke. What gives

Man, what a pain. These days we can pick up much less expensive servos fortunately that do the job well and strangely don't tear up as fast as they could. I hate to hear about what I would consider to be an upscale product not deliver for what it costs.
Glad you got it figured out.

Surprisingly that’s not surprising! Those servos weirdly enough are known for dying when they sit for long periods of time. Anyone whose owned a large scale rc at least knows someone with savox as a throttle servo or steering (or both) who had their car sit for a year or two, and then when they go to restore it, the servos are always jiggly and worn or flat out dead.

I'm watching this now. Could be relevant and useful entertainment ...it says it's four days old... so maybe pretty up to date. AMain guy.
Many here may already have a grasp on this info but any learning is worth a shot.

I have one of the DS servos above. Its good.(y) Have Futabas and Savox as well. Not a fan of the high prices though. Savox noisey brand new. (n)
They all break from bashing.
But the last 2 years, I've been using these in most other rigs:
https://www.amazon.com/Fan-Model-Waterproof-Coreless-Digital/dp/B078WVXP4Y
I picked up 4 of them. 2 are spares and haven't needed them yet. Haven't broke yet.(y)
They work for me on my 1/8 scale stuff. Sure I want a Protek Servo, but cost prohibitive for me. The way I drive and bash.
For serious dedicated Track use, absolutely need a $better$ precision servo. IMO.

Last edited:
We can often try two different brands of capable servos before we spend the same as one of the more premium "name brand." I have no hate for what we would consider the "good stuff" but I bought JX 7346 for my 6s and no probs yet at all. $50 at Ebay and fortunately available shipped from US these days...I had to wait on the slow boat for the couple I bought for the same price.
For 3s or prolly 4s the JX 6210mg are $20. Best of all both quite noticeably better than stock and I've not even burned up stock yet. The Arrma stock ones I replaced I still keep on-hand for quick fix later or giving away to new Traxxas owners lol j/k!... ...they'd never admit to using a stock Arrma servo to replace TRX stock. haha
Also and never to be least recommended ... from what I'm hearing, the similarly inexpensive one from arrmadave has been getting excellent feedback far and wide. I have one but yet to fit in a vehicle. When I get time (as soon as I can get through busy work season,) I'll get it on.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back