Typhon Stock Arrma v3 3s typhon wheels?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gdub34

Reaction score
I’ve owned my car for a few.weeks now and am very happy with it. I’ve run 12 5000ma 3s packs through it just doing laps in my front yard with the occasional wheelie or donut mixed in. for good measure. I’ve probably logged around 170 laps and am starting to wear a racing line around the trees in my yard. wife loves it. lol. Anyway, I’ve noticed as I’ve driven it more that the front wheels seem to have more slop in them than straight out the box. My 17mm wheels nuts are good and snug and everything else looks the same as new minus some scratches on the front bumper and what not from fallen tree branches. Is there a way to snug the wheels up without buying any parts? There’s no way the wheel bearings are already toast because I only drive on my yard track when it’s perfectly dry. Opinions? thanks
I know the stock tires are trash and I am going to replace them with proper dirt racing tires soon. They make great driving practice tires though especially with all the flex in their sidewalls and the lack of descent foam in them. thanks

Last edited:
Can you be sure that it is not slop at the wheel/bearings? Maybe its just been there and you are more in tune with your new rig. More observant of the parts etc.
Hard to say where the slop is. could be the kingpins, or steering??
Possible to send a video.

Can you be sure that it is not slop at the wheel/bearings? Maybe its just been there and you are more in tune with your new rig. More observant of the parts etc.
Hard to say where the slop is. could be the kingpins, or steering??
Possible to send a video.
I can jiggle the wheel/tire more now than when new. Everything else feels as it did out the box. I thought you guys might know some trick to snugging them up a bit because I’m sure this is a common issue, especially with the bigger truck wheels. Not a lot more but just a little. Maybe I’m just learning the car and getting a better feel for it’s handling quirks or it’s just in my dome. lol
No video because I’m using a 7 year old iPhone to type this as I don’t have laptop or even an old school pc. thanks

Last edited:
I can jiggle the wheel/tire more now than when new. Everything else feels as it did out the box. I thought you guys might know some trick to snugging them up a bit because I’m sure this is a common issue, especially with the bigger truck wheels. Not a lot more but just a little. Maybe I’m just learning the car and getting a better feel for it’s handling quirks or it’s just in my dome. lol
No video because I’m using a 7 year old iPhone to type this as I don’t have laptop or even an old school pc. thanks
Are you still using the plastic balls in the ends of the steering and camber links? Did you put bearings in the bellcrank in place of the plastic bushings?

Nope, still on the factory plastic balls and stock bushings. I’m putting those items at the top of my racing upgrade list right behind tires.I m still using them because they haven’t broken yet. I’m sure that would improve the buggy’s handling characteristics. thanks

Last edited:
Nope, still on the factory plastic balls and stock bushings. I’m putting those items at the top of my racing upgrade list right behind tires.I m still using them because they haven’t broken yet. I’m sure that would improve the buggy’s handling characteristics. thanks
Those plastic balls and the plastic bushings in the bellcrank can wear out pretty quick and add a lot of slop to the steering.

Last edited:
I appreciate the heads up. I’ll be ordering metal balls and bearings soon then. I just got my MIP hex drivers today and now can put them to good use. thanks

Last edited:
It seems like there’s no foam in mine to the squeeze. Don’t know if Arrma was trying to reduce gyroscopic inertia or what but the stock foam is a joke

It seems like there’s no foam in mine to the squeeze. Don’t know if Arrma was trying to reduce gyroscopic inertia or what but the stock foam is a joke
Yeah the stock foams on the 3s are rather pathetic.

Back