Limitless Stock BLX 185 on 8S

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cuzboss

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
  2. Senton 6s
So the ESC on my limitless is clearly not able to handle stock gearing and speedruns. If i upgraded my ESC to a max 5 or aomething similar, would I be able to pump 8S through the stock 2050KV motor?

So the ESC on my limitless is clearly not able to handle stock gearing and speedruns. If i upgraded my ESC to a max 5 or aomething similar, would I be able to pump 8S through the stock 2050KV motor?
It might but not for very long. 8s will spin the motor at nearly 64,000 Rpms most rc motors are rated for around 50,000 Rpms.

I don't plan on putting all 8S through it, i can detune it but it gets very frustrating when the ESC cuts off at 98mph

Agreed you will need a lower kv motor with 8s to be relighable. But if you don't mind possibly blowing up a motor by all means. I love throwing caution to the wind with RCs and just seeing what happens. Plus then it will make you get a new motor as well lol.

I don't plan on putting all 8S through it, i can detune it but it gets very frustrating when the ESC cuts off at 98mph
Oh I get what you mean now. You want to keep the stock motor run on 6s and eliminate the amp limitations of the stock esc. For that the Max5 might be a bit overkill but you will only be limited by the motor.

It might but not for very long. 8s will spin the motor at nearly 64,000 Rpms most rc motors are rated for around 50,000 Rpms.
^^^ More like 68,880 RPMs on 8s. (4.2v/cell) to be exact on an actual 2050kv
65,520 is more realistic and closer to your esstimate., only because every BLX 2050 stocker I tested on my motor analyzer was rated at 1940-1950kv. All 6 or7 I have here.
With 6s @ 1950kv it comes to 49,150 rpms. Pretty much where it should be.
Many have run the this Motor on 8s, with good results, speed running and even bashing around.
I say a quality set of Ceramics in a well running version of this motor should be fine if you watch temps/gearing. Cant hurt anything. It wont blow up or explode on you. If the Armature lets go, it was fun while it lasted. :LOL:
Just need really $good$ bearings and I think you could have fun with it. Even with a potential 65k rpms driving it. Just me.
Which is my goal also. Just waiting for my next 8s ESC.
And I may have to go with another HW, unfortunately. My Wet dream of a MM8S and the current Castle debacle are bucking heads right now. I may pass on Castle, not pull the plug on that brand. Someone needs to twist my arm and go with a Castle. 🤷‍♂️ I have enough HW's right now. But never fried one yet. 🤷‍♂️

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back