Kraton Stock BLX or Mamba Monster 2 Setup?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jbaldwin

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I recently found a great deal on a used Kraton, it's a v2 had only a dozen or so batteries ran through it and came with the following: (including all of the original parts)
Mamba Monster 2 ESC and motor
Spektrum DX4C receiver and radio
Savox servo
ProLine Trenchers
T-Bone front bumper and wheelie bar
Brand new Tekno orange springs
One 3s battery and various other parts, pinions and such.
All for $450.00
I did have an issue immediately and it leads into my question, the Mamba ESC burned out the first time running it. I swapped it and the motor for the stock BLX setup and everything has been fine. I found that I can get the Mamba ESC 'repaired' or exchanged through Castle direct for $80. Is there any benefit of the Castle setup over the BLX system? I do plan to replace the ESC, because, why not? I can pick up a rolling chassis and build another car with the extra parts, but if the Castle is a better system I'll swap it back. Thanks!

Attachments

• 23635232_1501152526666777_1549827025_n.jpg
    23635232_1501152526666777_1549827025_n.jpg
    80.4 KB · Views: 71
I swapped my blx out for a monster 2 because its almost as fast on 4s as the blx was on 6s. So the temps stay way cooler and it gets better run times cause my 4 cell battery is 6200mah. It's definitely worth the 80$. It's worth it to change the bearings in the motor also. Runs way better and smoother with a set of Boca bearings in it and it'll only run you about 25$ well worth it in my opinion. Good luck and bash on!!

I dropped a Castle 2200kv in one of my daily bashers with the BLX200 that was running the 2050kv motor. The difference was insane. I was about to run a jump when it hit 1st lvl LVC - & it still backflipped on LVC :eek: 6S of course :D

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back