Kraton Stock bumper with RPM front bumper

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bicketybam

Back from vacation!
Lifetime Premium!
Premium Member
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Infraction
  4. Kraton 8S
  5. Kraton 6s
  6. Kraton 4s
  7. Mojave
  8. Notorious
  9. Talion
  10. Typhon 6s
I had been using the stock bumper along with the RPM front bumper. Yesterday I got one of the screws stuck in it. It was one if the long ones that go into the front metal brace. In any event I had to perform surgery on the stock bumper to get it out. That got me thinking. Do I need the stock front bumper if I am using the RPM one? Can I so this?
20180813_102620.jpg
20180813_102941.jpg

You want to have something that will keep the hinge pins in.

What I did was shave off the "skid plate" part of the stock bumper with a dremel so I could fit the RPM bumper on there nice

If I would have done my research I probably would have went with the T bone racing bumper since they give you a brace that fits there

Oops, looks like I put the suspension mount upside down.

Attachments

• IMG_0220.JPG
    IMG_0220.JPG
    268.5 KB · Views: 204
Last edited:
You want to have something that will keep the hinge pins in.

What I did was shave off the "skid plate" part of the stock bumper with a dremel so I could fit the RPM bumper on there nice

If I would have done my research I probably would have went with the T bone racing bumper since they give you a brace that fits there

That makes sense. I'll probably do that unless I can fabricate something else to hold the pins in.

It that the RPM bumper over the stock bumper?

Its on an Outcast
Broke the stock bumper and needed something to secure the lower hinge pins after installing the RPM bumper so I bought a stock Typhon bumper and it works perfectly without modification

Yes, you need the smaller AR330230 stock Arrma bumper, when using the RPM front bumper on the V3 Kraton. The V3 Kraton stock bumper must be removed and replaced by the smaller front bumper (AR330230), which really does not provide any protection, but is needed to hold the hinge pins in. This front bumper (AR330230) is not only used by Arrma on the Typhon, but was also used on the earlier V-1 & V2 Kraton's, and is still used on the V3 Talion. Also correct, the new V3 Kraton bumpers made by TBone Racing include a hinge pin brace, so do not need part AR330230, however the TBone bumpers are definitely heavier.

The talion bumper doesn't seem to hold the hinge pins in properly.. there's still a gap. After a run today I found the hinge pin had popped out and pushed the talion bumper down.. anyone had this?

Attachments

• IMG_20190511_170235.jpg
    IMG_20190511_170235.jpg
    304.6 KB · Views: 131
Get a gpm or hotracing hinge brace front front. They have cups hold in the pins. Voltage has one to. Think it has set screws to hold pins
I'll post pic in a lil bit when kids get up

The talion bumper doesn't seem to hold the hinge pins in properly.. there's still a gap. After a run today I found the hinge pin had popped out and pushed the talion bumper down.. anyone had this?
I'm running the Talion bumper on my Notorious, and the only time that happened, was after a massively hard front tire hit from a very high jump. It actually saved the truck from a lot of worse damage, as the arm was able to move without breaking. I've had a lot of other single wheel hits, cartwheels and other acrobatic moves, and it holds up well. If that bumper is stretched, probably worth replacing. The higher end aluminum ones from Voltage, GKA, HR and JBRC look great, but are pretty expensive.

Well that sucks, I've heard this was the fix for that. That bumper comes in a kit with other Arrma parts, don't know part # off hand. Will have to look into this.

Front front hotracing hinge pin mount. Sick of pins coming out. This the fix

Oh my god don't show @bicketybam that you'll just make him angry..????

Although it does fix the problem..?? I too went with the tiny Typhon bumper to hold the pins in..

@phils hmm well I'm using the Kraton v2 bumper (AR330230) with the rpm front bumper on my Kraton v3.
The v2 bumper isn't a perfect fit, there is indeed a bit of gap and the hinge pins can move, which could be intended as it lets room for the pins to move a bit on impact (the same gap exist on my v3 bumper). That said, I did get one of my hinge pins pop out too when one of my backflip tire blowed out... What I think is that the v2 bumper has too much flex comparing to the v3; it's easy for a pin to push on it and pop out under some situations. This happened to me only once in a year.

Btw, maybe it's cause of the angle but your bumper (AR330230) doesn't seem properly installed, it should be higher than the Front Front Suspension Mount on which you are missing 2 screws too...

@Outcastblxnut Nice find, can I still install the AR330230 part over that Hot Racing masterpiece? Just cause there is still that plastic part that goes between the chassis and the RPM bumper.... just better for the screws u know ;)

Last edited:
I'm only going to run the RPM bumper. The additional stock is redundant after this mod. The stock has caused more damage then good. It has continued to rip out the screws on the bulkhead, and now that I'm running H.R. gearboxes and front retainer (for pins) I may have to tap out to 4 mm.

Attachments

• 20191124_175731.jpg
    20191124_175731.jpg
    341.8 KB · Views: 120
Hey guys do you think it would just be fine to cut off the v4 front bumper where it extends over the chassis and maybe sand it down a little bit so the rpm front bumper sits flat? Or should I just buy the HR hinge pin brace? Thanks guys, also bam I'm a sub of yours on yt brotha.

I cut mine down. no issue. You just need the rear portion that keeps the hinge pins in place. I had to do that on my Noto. with the Noto. specific TBR front bumper.

So you cant use the rpm bumper with the v4 kraton stock bumper? Why is this

Because get a knife and cut off the part of the stock bumper that's in the way. V1 2 3 4 all the same.

Or make your own hinge pin holder.

IMG_20200512_213931.jpg

I agree RPM should hand out a hinge pin holder with their bumper, but what can you do.

So the part that says arrma on it. Cut that off?

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back