Stock diff oil?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What’s the stock oil in the kraton 6s v5 and what is the best punch setting for some medium jumping and driving on hard bumpy dirt?
Open the manual. Stock Oil CST's are listed in the manual. Clearly stated. If your dog ate the manual, download it from Arrma-rc.com. It is your bible.;)
I run my own CST's. Less ballooning of the wheels, less tire blow outs, and no diff bleed with these thicker CST diff oils. More power to the ground results.
60k/500k/30k (F/C/R) What I settled on. Many here use this combination with great results.
Punch is by personal taste. Only you can decide by trial and error. One level up at a time and evaluate ESC, Lipo and Motor temps with a Temp Gun in hand. Always.
Electrics WILL get Hot at Full Punch. Run time will take a hit. I found that in many cases ESC fires were because the ESC Punch was all the way FULL Max.. I bumped mine up one notch from its Default value. I'm good with that. I do this with my Kraton and Noto.
I am conservative with my Punch settings. Be careful. Taller gearing (larger pinion/motor gear) with Max Punch will also spell disaster.
Govern yourself accordingly.
:cool:

Last edited:
Open the manual. Stock Oil CST's are listed in the manual. Clearly stated. If your dog ate the manual, download it from Arrma-rc.com. It is your bible.;)
I run my own CST's. Less ballooning of the wheels, less tire blow outs, and no diff bleed with these thicker CST diff oils. More power to the ground results.
60k/500k/30k (F/C/R) What I settled on. Many here use this combination with great results.
Punch is by personal taste. Only you can decide by trial and error. One level up at a time and evaluate ESC, Lipo and Motor temps with a Temp Gun in hand. Always.
Electrics WILL get Hot at Full Punch. Run time will take a hit. I found that in many cases ESC fires were because the ESC Punch was all the way FULL Max.. I bumped mine up one notch from its Default value. I'm good with that. I do this with my Kraton and Noto.
I am conservative with my Punch settings. Be careful. Taller gearing (larger pinion/motor gear) with Max Punch will also spell disaster.
how does the car feel with those weight oils in the diffs is it more planted or wheelie more

how does the car feel with those weight oils in the diffs is it more planted or wheelie more

I'm close to his 50/500/20k which you will find on the web a classic number for some of the Kraton bashers. It's a good number that allows for me to have drift action I like in the dirt. As I come in a turn, I can still have forward pull up front to have steered in the direction I want to go. With diffs, it is filling and play to see what you like either those numbers are a good starting point for testing.

Great input I must have overlooked the dif oil section I ran it yesterday first time out the box stock on a 4s battery so I will take your advice and see if there’s a difference. Then try 6s

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back