Kraton Stock ESC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hulka

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Kraton 6s
Is the stock ESC worth keeping or am I better off going to a Hobby Wing Max 6 or 8 setup? Also what is the benefit of going with one of their motors over stock?

New to this.

Thanks!

Odds are you can stick with stock until it doesn't hold up to how/where you drive it. I've been running the stock motor/esc in my outcast since July. Most of which was on 4S though. I recently started running 6S, so will see how that goes. So far so good.

I'm guessing In many cases, the max6/larger motor is used to gear faster without overheating. If your content with stock speeds and you don't have overheating issues that can be mitigated by a $20 fan, there's likely not much point to replacing it.

Odds are you can stick with stock until it doesn't hold up to how/where you drive it. I've been running the stock motor/esc in my outcast since July. Most of which was on 4S though. I recently started running 6S, so will see how that goes. So far so good.

I'm guessing In many cases, the max6/larger motor is used to gear faster without overheating. If your content with stock speeds and you don't have overheating issues that can be mitigated by a $20 fan, there's likely not much point to replacing it.

Thanks. I live in Phoenix so I did not know if I would get any benefit later from going to something different. I will buy a fan though. Any decent ones with a heat sink for stock motor!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back