Stock Granite BLX steering and body posts

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rafyn

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I've been an Arrma fan for a while now and Outcast is my regular basher. My 14 year old son recently bought a Granite BLX and took it out on a modest 2S lipo for his first run. Immediately we noticed the truck behaving erratically when the front wheels were up. Nosing left and right pretty unpredictability. Same thing in reverse. At any real speed, the front of the truck wildly waves back and forth. I tried to chalk it up to him just getting used to the added speed over his old Stampede, but I had the same issue when I gave it a go. Anyone see this before?

Also, as with others, we didn't go a full battery before the body mounts snapped on what should have been a pretty mild roll on grass. He continued on without the shell but I could tell he was pretty disappointed to have it break so easily on his very first time out. Has anyone found a good solution to the weak body mounts on this truck?

Thanks so much for any advice!

A little follow up with some interesting advice from Arrma...

So I spoke with a helpful support rep and in addition to sending out a new body mount kit, they suggested that the whole kit be put in boiling water for 5 minutes to speed up the absorption of moisture in the nylon. In theory that should make the parts less brittle and more apt to flex rather than snap.

Not something I would have thought of, but worth a shot!

Good call on the boiling, I have heard of others doing it but never thought to try it on a problematic part. Duh on my part!

Run the body mounts all the way down in the lowest position. This will make them a bit more durable. You can also re secure the front with zip ties if it breaks in the normal spot (through the top holes of the posts). I actually have found a broken one ziptied in place to be stronger than new. Speaking of which, maybe I should start ziptieing my new ones in the same manner for extra reinforcement...hmmm. Anyway, do a search, I have posted pics of how I do it.

The steering on the granite has a ton of slop. This could be part of your steering issue. Again do a search, there is a thread with a bunch of ways to improve it. Also, make sure your toe is set correctly. It wagging in forward and reverse makes it sound like you don't have enough. When properly adjusted it should only wag in reverse and it does so pretty badly.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back