Granite Stock Granite mega 4x4 question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

benc2

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
My son has a stock granite mega 4x4 . I was wondering if I could put a 3s battery in it . We would like some more speed and runtime .

I don't think the ESC and/or motor will support a 3S battery.

You can put a 2S battery with low C rating, but that's it. This is what I did for my son's MEGA (Reaction 2S 5000mAh 20C)

I don't think the ESC and/or motor will support a 3S battery.

You can put a 2S battery with low C rating, but that's it. This is what I did for my son's MEGA (Reaction 2S 5000mAh 20C)
Is it faster with that battery? And how long will it run?.

Are using the nimh pack at the moment if so a 3 s battery will destroy your diff inputs. 2s is longer runtime depending on ur size. It will get up to top speed a lot quicker.

A 2S lipo is the max you can run speed wise. You could fit a 7600mah pack for sure. I’ve ran one myself. Possibly an 8000mah pack, but just be aware that the larger the pack, the greater the chance you will overheat that motor. Best bet is get two 5000mah 2S packs and give the motor a 5 min break between packs to cool off. If it was the BLX model you could run longer and faster.

well I got a 8000 mah battery and well …. we have smoked the 550 brushed motor … so now im asking what a good brushless motor would be ?

8000mah? That's a big fuel tank for brushed. Did you let it cool down a couple of times or run it till LVC?

8000mah? That's a big fuel tank for brushed. Did you let it cool down a couple of times or run it till LVC?
Ink we did not Untill we started smelling something. Then it was to late . We let it cool down and now it will not run at all. Live and learn.

I just finished converting my Granite Mega to brush less. I used Jenny's Rc to get a BLX motor and ESC, picked up the BLX aluminum motor mount and a HD input for the rear. I ran a Spektrum 2s 5000 30c Lipo in it until the stock input sheared off then threw in the HD version. So far so good I probably wont go to 3s anyway so I don't see the need to put the BLX diffs in may eventually swap in the BLX slipper but as of now the Mega version is holding just fine.

Thanks bullfrog. Would you happen to have the part numbers to all of that ? Thanks

A mild, inexpensive brushless update to my Mega 4x4 has turned it into a really decent back yard basher. Think I went thru 4-5 brushed motors (all under warranty) before wising up and doing the brushless upgrade. Good luck with yours.

A mild, inexpensive brushless update to my Mega 4x4 has turned it into a really decent back yard basher. Think I went thru 4-5 brushed motors (all under warranty) before wising up and doing the brushless upgrade. Good luck with yours.
Have you run yours on 3s?

If you're referring to mine I have the Arrma BLX system from a Granite BLX in mine should be 3200.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back