Fireteam STOCK HEAT???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jluther@becoinc

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Senton 6s
  2. Talion
Will the Fireteam run hot with stock electronics with the speed 15 or 16 in it?
I haven’t drove it yet but it looks slow with this 12-13 in it

It is a rather heavy rig. Be careful with the speed gearing . Get a temp gun first to evaluate . Always need this for RC'ing. Need a good Fan solution, most importantly, whatever gearing you try. Only a temp gun can tell you what hot really is. Touching with your fingers and guessing, is a sure way to fry your electrics.
You said it "Looks slow"??:unsure:
Not sure what that is suppose to mean???:giggle:
I like my motors to run at <150F and NO Higher. ( again with a Temp gun in hand) Outside ambient temps will determine much also. 40-50mph is plenty fast for off road bashing IMHO. But again ,she is a rather heavy rig. This alone creates higher loads and amp draw. Hence more Heat.

It is a rather heavy rig. Be careful with the speed gearing . Get a temp gun first to evaluate . Always need this for RC'ing. Need a good Fan solution, most importantly, whatever gearing you try. Only a temp gun can tell you what hot really is. Touching with your fingers and guessing, is a sure way to fry your electrics.
You said it "Looks slow"??:unsure:
Not sure what that is suppose to mean???:giggle:
I like my motors to run at <150F and NO Higher. ( again with a Temp gun in hand) Outside ambient temps will determine much also. 40-50mph is plenty fast for off road bashing IMHO. But again ,she is a rather heavy rig. This alone creates higher loads and amp draw. Hence more Heat.
I haven’t run it yet but on the bench with the wheels off it looks slow. I have gotten used to the 1650kv with 22 tooth so 12 tooth sounds slow. Been a long time since I run a completely stock RTR. The last one I ran was an infraction and I blistered those electronics with in a day or two. Had upgrade power for it already.

Thanks that’s a great test spot. I have gotten used to upgraded electronics with lower KV and bigger gearing. I run 22 tooth on those so 12 don’t even sound right. Does yours run hot with the 15?
I haven’t run mine yet, currently installing the parts I bought (Max6 combo, servo, aluminium braces, servo mount, center diff mount) and want to work on the body (panels).
The current plan is it gets a 17T pinion, which should compare to almost a 14T on the stock 2050kv motor.

Any rig will "look slow" on the bench".
It's not going anywhere.;)
Slow to me might be fast for someone else.
FAST🤣😉 LOL I kid of course. I’m still going through it and have never seen one run except in videos and that never gives me a real sense of how fast it is until I run it. I have learned from the past that some Arrmas are RTR and some definitely need attention. I’m definitely going through this heavy thing.

Slow to me might be fast for someone else.
FAST🤣😉 LOL I kid of course. I’m still going through it and have never seen one run except in videos and that never gives me a real sense of how fast it is until I run it. I have learned from the past that some Arrmas are RTR and some definitely need attention. I’m definitely going through this heavy thing.
If you have a nice flat terrain, like a baseball field or golf course, to run on I think you might feel you‘d want more than 55mph-65mph (speed pinion). But with such a terrain I’d get a Talion or Typhon and try to get 80-100mph. The Fireteam, as an ATV, is it more designed for uneven terrain. IMO the Fireteam at 80-100mph on uneven (bumpy) terrain is hard to control and you’d have a potential unguided low surface missile.🤣
But if you have the space and terrain, lower the shocks settings and give the shocks thicker oil and go for it. And video it😉

Will the Fireteam run hot with stock electronics with the speed 15 or 16 in it?
I haven’t drove it yet but it looks slow with this 12-13 in it
Run mine stock...I do have a great fan for it, but bashing it as stock does not feel slow. it has great control. Keep in mind we all bash differently!

I have been recently selling off some of my RC's as I haven't been using them , but this one on the HH Black Friday sale was a no brainer . So , as I don't get the chance to get out much to RC , I will be leaving mine stock for now !!! ( due to arrive tomorrow !!! ) All the vids of it running box stock looks fine to me .

Run mine stock...I do have a great fan for it, but bashing it as stock does not feel slow. it has great control. Keep in mind we all bash differently!
I ran mine today for the first time with stock gearing and it’s not slow. I think it runs great!
Turns surprisingly well with the stock servo too. I’m going to leave it stock as long as I can, but I can definitely see an MMX8S 1717 or a HW MAX6 4985 in its future with Kraton hubs. Have any of y’all went with Kraton hubs?

Have any of y’all went with Kraton hubs?

I did....got mine used here and added a few upgrades and took the advice of Rich D. to add the Kraton hubs. I just like a wider stance.

Added the M2C 5mm hex extenders and the Kraton hubs. For the toe to be right or camber which ever you call it 🤷‍♂️ where the turnbuckle connects to the hub I will call it a wing for now, LOL. I had to swap the FT on to the Kraton hubs. I had an old set of Kraton EXB hubs so it had wings on there. If you buy them new, you will have no wings so add the FT. Miss on my part.

Love the stance and how even more planted!

1669500845152.png
1669500854112.png

I did....got mine used here and added a few upgrades and took the advice of Rich D. to add the Kraton hubs. I just like a wider stance.

Added the M2C 5mm hex extenders and the Kraton hubs. For the toe to be right or camber which ever you call it 🤷‍♂️ where the turnbuckle connects to the hub I will call it a wing for now, LOL. I had to swap the FT on to the Kraton hubs. I had an old set of Kraton EXB hubs so it had wings on there. If you buy them new, you will have no wings so add the FT. Miss on my part.

View attachment 258654View attachment 258655
A wider more planted truck is exactly what I am trying to accomplish with the HR KRATON hubs

View attachment 258654View attachment 258655
Can you notice any loss or gain in steering control with the wider stance? I have some extra HR Kraton hubs but am not sure about it because it steers so good now.

A wider more planted truck is exactly what I am trying to accomplish with the HR KRATON hubs

Can you notice any loss or gain in steering control with the wider stance? I have some extra HR Kraton hubs but am not sure about it because it steers so good now.
Honestly, I do not have a before and after to compare. When I bought it here, I added it before I ever bashed it. As I watched Rich Duperdash videos with the change, I did not see any steering issues.

Based on my experience and steering is important to make good L/R turns....no issues at all with the current setup.

I ran mine today for the first time with stock gearing and it’s not slow. I think it runs great!
Turns surprisingly well with the stock servo too. I’m going to leave it stock as long as I can, but I can definitely see an MMX8S 1717 or a HW MAX6 4985 in its future with Kraton hubs. Have any of y’all went with Kraton hubs?
Trust me, you would want to toss that Stocker servo before you think of upgrading the ESC/Motor.

Trust me, you would want to toss that Stocker servo before you think of upgrading the ESC/Motor.
That’s definitely getting changed. I know from the past that you only get 3-4 runs out of the stocker if you are lucky. Maybe a SAVOX 1210sg or a reef’s 444. I have a Promodeler DS635 I need to send back to John for a warranty issue that would be perfect for it. Not sure what the return time is like though. Having backup servos is a good thing lol.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back