Kraton Stock motor blown

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

firstchoicecp

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi guys, what can I replace the stock motor with, I'm actually after a real inexpensive replacement stock motor was fantastic preformance so I'm not after anything faster

I saw a racerstar 1700kv on banggood, what are your opinions thanks

Hi, if you're looking for a new motor to replace your stock BLX Arrma motor, and you want the same speed I wouldn't buy a lower kv motor. The stock motor is 2050kv. You are looking at a 1700kv motor. This means that this motor will give you less rpm's for every volt. You can however gear up with the new motor a little bit to compensate the speed loss.

I never owned a Racerstar motor myself so I cannot talk from experience if they are good or not, sorry! I know Leopard is a very good brand, which you can purchase fairly cheap from Aliexpress or Ebay. Maybe you can also look at their motors.

Well the stock motor is a 4074 size motor. So I would search for a motor with similar dimensions. I bought this one for my Arrma Outcast:

https://www.rcjuice.com/leopard-v2-4275-4-pole-brushless-sensorless-motor-for-1-8-scale.html

You can choose this motor in 2000kv or 2200kv. Because I run my Outcast mainly on 4S I choose the 2200kv so it's a little faster on 4S. If you drive your car mostly on 6S the 2000kv is just fine. You might think that because this Leopard motor is 4275 it is thicker than the stock one, but it's actually not. The motor can itself is just a 40 size can, but the cooling fins make it a litte thicker, that's why it's listed as a 42 size motor.

I prefer to buy even cheaper than stock , is there anything else out therr
Try Jenny's RC chop shop, you will have a brand new original motor for $45,-!

Screenshot_20181116-175908_Samsung Internet.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back