Kraton Stock motor/esc vs Mamba monster x

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

deathrider

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Felony
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Mojave
  4. Typhon 6s
I was thinking of upgrading to the 2200kv mamba monster x but for those who have made the switch, is it a big difference in power?
Torque and speed? Or is it not really worth changing?

I have both and on grass, dirt, mud it's not a big difference for the 2200kv motor. The mmx esc itself has more 'pep' and you'll see a difference in speed, acceleration.

At the end of the day, if your bashing, I wouldn't pay to upgrade the blx185 combo to a castle mmx system. If buying new, I have 2 mmx castle systems in my rigs, so yes I see the value of those over the blx185 but as an upgrade??? Depends on your value of $$$

In general, is it big difference in speed? I was thinking of running a 14t, its mostly going to be used on pavement and some grass, very little airtime

I only run 6s, if you run 4s the 2200kv is way better than stock. I didn't mention that earlier, so depends what you run.

I didn't see a big speed difference, but the 2200kv is a little faster side by side running. I ended up putting the 2200kv in a typhon for only pavement and it rocks. My kraton has the Nero system, 200blx w 2000kv motor with 17t pinion and its faster than the one I had with the 2200kv the way I had them set up.

If your building a speed runner you'll find that the really fast guys are running lower kv motors geared up. 100mph+ type runs are generally done with 1400-1750 if motors.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back