Stock motor insert Limitless - 1717-650kw

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gelatocat

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
Hi folks,

Dumb question. I am just now assembling my Limitless. I am using the Castle 1717-1650 motor. I am having difficulty inserting the motor (with stock insert attached) into the stock motor mount. Doesn't seem to fit. It seems the insert doesn't slide in. Also if stock slide works, which one?

Do I need the PPS insert? Forgive me for asking this question.

Best,

Jonathan

FOLLOW UP!

Ok, motor and stock mount/insert work. But the new problem is that there isn't adequate space/shaft length for the pinion set screw. What??

FOLLOW UP 2

I a small Armma pinion to work. My cheap Ebay pinion had a set screw that was a little too wide/long. Unfortunately the pinion I have in there is like a 19t.

What brands of pinions for Limitless have the necessary tolerance. Was looking for a 28-30t.

UPDATE. Found a Tekno RC 30t mod1 5.mm on Amazon. This brand is the one I'm using. JC

Thanks

IMG_3063.jpg

IMG_3061.jpg

IMG_3068.jpg

Last edited:
Tekno pinions are among the best. Also Saga Customs.
If the set screw is too long, just grind it down a few MM. This works. . Never seen a pinion come with a too long setscrew. Maybe you are not indexing the set screw to the FLAT of the motor's shaft??? IDK.

>>>>>Important to know that the included 27T pinion is the smallest one (minimum size) that will fit. Any Smaller and the pinion won't make contact and mesh to the Spools spur gear. 19T pinion will NOT work.(n)
Not quite sure where your problem is???
Did you sort things out?
Stock Pinion gears are also ok. JennysRC has some sizes cheap if you want to get a collection started, create a set to have. I have whole sets of pinions to have on hand to dial in my Speeds for speed running. Need to have them. My Lim is running 30T pinion right now. HW 2200kv, Sensored setup. With XR8 Plus ESC. In Hybrid Sensored Mode. On 6S. FWIW.
:cool:

Last edited:
I sorted EVERYTHING out and Limitless is BUILT!. As it turns out, all I had to do is remove the plastic side skirt to get the motor to slide in. Only think I need is a 2.5mm screw for MKS servo horn. Its on order. Thanks for your help.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back