Stock Outcast servo!!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Camo

Very Active Member
Excellence Award
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Ok !! I haven't mucked around with the steering much at all on my Outcast. No fancy CNC servo mount nothing. I figured for someone who just bashes hard and has some fun I didn't need to. Steering I don't really care how smooth it is as long as she turns then I'm happy pretty simple dude. But today I stripped something bashing the crap out of the local bowl and she won't turn right anymore. So I suppose I've got to get in to it. Steering = boring to me ha ha !!
So the Savox 1210 seems the one to go for ??
What's the go with using a glitch buster ??
Do I need to get one ? How does it work ?
By the way I haven't had a chance to even take out the servo yet so I probably learn as I go.
Any help would be mad Cheers !!!! ;)

I'll check in tomorrow, just stripped mine too, finally!!! Have a 1210 in the garage waiting for install. Passing out...zzzzzz.

I'll check in tomorrow, just stripped mine too, finally!!! Have a 1210 in the garage waiting for install. Passing out...zzzzzz.
Let me guess ! when you gapped that pipe the other day !!! Ha ha ! U crazy man don't know how u always seem to keep her so flat in the air

@Camo the stock servo is actually just fine, but the Savox 1210 will be nice as well. Not matter what servo you buy though you're going to have problems without one of those "fancy CNC servo mount nothing" as you like to call it.

There is a reason why the servo mount is mentioned in the Recommended Outcast upgrades thread. That's because the stock mount is terrible and has a ton of flex in it. Flexing makes the servo work harder plus robs the servo of what ever torque it does have. Do yourself a favor and buy one of them fancy CNC things and let steering go back to being boring. ;)

Let me guess ! when you gapped that pipe the other day !!! Ha ha ! U crazy man don't know how u always seem to keep her so flat in the air
Just doing steady throttle inputs my friend and listening closely to motor RPMs and wheel spin. Slash servo is fine still...lol. Outcast ESC wire snagged servo horn I believe and stripped it. I agree with WoodiE, you need an upgraded mount STAT!!!

@Camo the stock servo is actually just fine, but the Savox 1210 will be nice as well. Not matter what servo you buy though you're going to have problems without one of those "fancy CNC servo mount nothing" as you like to call it.

There is a reason why the servo mount is mentioned in the Recommended Outcast upgrades thread. That's because the stock mount is terrible and has a ton of flex in it. Flexing makes the servo work harder plus robs the servo of what ever torque it does have. Do yourself a favor and buy one of them fancy CNC things and let steering go back to being boring. ;)
Sorry about that big fella didn't mean to upset you and your love with steering ha ha !!! Good one I'll have to grab one for sure :D
What about the glitch buster do I need one ??

I do not run a glitch buster with the Savox 1210. Seems to work fine. You may need some spacers, the 1210 is 4mm taller than the stock servo.
Thanks D !! I soft mounted the Savox and added washers for spacer to lift it of the chassis plate. Had to adjust the end points big time pulls and pushes hard cheers !!

NICE, glad to hear. Watch out for the high speed turns. The servo is strong enough to hold a turn, even when gravity is not strong enough to keep all 4 wheels on the ground. 40 mph traction rolls are good for the Wipeout reel, but can be rough on the car.

Check your gears first tho... I stripped my kraton servo after the esc broke off and got jammed against the servo arm.
When i opened it up a little less than 1/4 was stripped so i just spun the cog around and its been all good since !
I be pulling it apart when I get the time ! Cheers !!

This is how i dealt with my stock outcast servo after i bought the 1210 sg. I still need one of those gka mounts though itd be awesome if someone would just give or buy me one . watch this video

Last edited:
Check your gears first tho... I stripped my kraton servo after the esc broke off and got jammed against the servo arm.
When i opened it up a little less than 1/4 was stripped so i just spun the cog around and its been all good since !
I had so much trouble getting the horn off the hex bolt screw stripped and i had to end up using a soldering iron and holding it against the head of the screw to i guess loosen up some loctite that had apparently been put in by arrma. Took about an hour to get that screw out. So much to learn and so much fun to be had im about on my 15th run. Ive had multiple water bashes it is completely fine no rust no water damage. I do need to desperately put new diff oil in though. Anyone have any extra they are willing to just get rid of?

This is how i dealt with my stock outcast servo after i bought the 1210 sg. I still need one of those gka mounts though itd be awesome if someone would just give or buy me one . watch this video
That’s full on bro !!! Ha ha Ha Ha !!!! U Americans love your guns. Real hard to get a gun over here.
I reckon if I did that here I would have the cops at the front door :D:D It is an average servo for a MT it works well in the Typhon though

That’s full on bro !!! Ha ha Ha Ha !!!! U Americans love your guns. Real hard to get a gun over here.
I reckon if I did that here I would have the cops at the front door :D:D It is an average servo for a MT it works well in the Typhon though
It was not a bad servo it just didnt have the gears for moving the outcast and arrma had the hex bolt in so tight on the horn i completely destroyed the casing so i figured why not just destroy it haha . yes i live in the county no cops will come for firing guns out here. My neighbor shoots his ar15 daily lol but im uploading a water mud cow patty bash of my outcast now to youtube hope it turns out good .i want to get a typhon so badly ive been reseraching it .i do also have my eye on the with with two engines though i believe it may be the e revo? Not sure atm as there are such a wide variety lol i want them all

It was not a bad servo it just didnt have the gears for moving the outcast and arrma had the hex bolt in so tight on the horn i completely destroyed the casing so i figured why not just destroy it haha . yes i live in the county no cops will come for firing guns out here. My neighbor shoots his ar15 daily lol but im uploading a water mud cow patty bash of my outcast now to youtube hope it turns out good .i want to get a typhon so badly ive been reseraching it .i do also have my eye on the with with two engines though i believe it may be the e revo? Not sure atm as there are such a wide variety lol i want them all
Send me a link to your vid bro !!! I’ll check it out.
I grabbed a Savox 1210 works well. My old stock servo I fixed with the Arrma spare parts and keep for a spare. That was a pisser seeing u pull that pistol out and pumping the poor servo full of lead lol!!!! Only duck hunters and farmers can get guns here and even then they make it real hard for them. Cheers !!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back