Stock pinion and spur?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Evil-T

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
There isn’t much talk of this on here so am I right in assuming the stock pinion and spur gears are good enough to hold up on bigger motors (Arrma branded not specifically tooth count)

There isn’t much talk of this on here so am I right in assuming the stock pinion and spur gears are good enough to hold up on bigger motors (Arrma branded not specifically tooth count)
Depends on the rig and the motor. The bigger the stress, big motor, big wheels, etc, the more likely you’ll need a harder pinion.

All of the above!

Typhon will be over stock weight as I’m running M2C chassis and quite a few HR parts, motor is a 4060 (92mm) and wheels are GRP 1/5 at 118mm so around stock size but haven’t compare weight.

All of the above!

Typhon will be over stock weight as I’m running M2C chassis and quite a few HR parts, motor is a 4060 (92mm) and wheels are GRP 1/5 at 118mm so around stock size but haven’t compare weight.
Worst case is you find out quickly that you need a harder pinion. ??‍♂️

When in doubt, Robinson Racing is the way to go. For the cost compared to everything else we use in our trucks, seems like a good investment. Hope they start making some of the other gears for Arrma too. Better spur and the large gear on the outside of the f/r difs (again, everyone calls this one by a different name) would be a huge plus.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back