Big Rock Stock pinion gear size differences?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sideshowgaz

Reaction score
Hi all

What is the standard size pinion on the BRCC? I know what you are thinking, take the motor out and take a look.

My brother and I both got Big Rocks at the same time from the same supplier and after months of trying to figure out why mine had more torque than his, we finally noticed that his car came with a 20t pinion and mine with a 15t. I only realised when he said that he had to remove the pinion to get the motor out of the motor mount and I thought that doesn't sound right?

His car kept getting stuck in grass and hills and powering off, but it was quick when it got going.

Anyone else had this? My cousin has a granite too and that also has a 15t, so I am thinking the 20t is wrong.

Cheers all

Hi all

What is the standard size pinion on the BRCC? I know what you are thinking, take the motor out and take a look.

My brother and I both got Big Rocks at the same time from the same supplier and after months of trying to figure out why mine had more torque than his, we finally noticed that his car came with a 20t pinion and mine with a 15t. I only realised when he said that he had to remove the pinion to get the motor out of the motor mount and I thought that doesn't sound right?

His car kept getting stuck in grass and hills and powering off, but it was quick when it got going.

Anyone else had this? My cousin has a granite too and that also has a 15t, so I am thinking the 20t is wrong.

Cheers all
I think his was used and modified. The stock gear for the 3s line (excluding Vorteks and onroads) is a 15t mod 0.8.

Sorry, to be specific, both were brand new in box from a UK hobby store. Absolutely nothing at all to indicate his had been removed and reboxed at all.

20t is too high for the BRCC. It will cause excessive cogging and it will stall on hills and long grass at lower speeds.

The standard Big Rock kit DOESN'T include an optional speed pinion so not sure what's going on here. I smell a 20t rat!

Senton on the other hand loves 20t. Typhon comes standard with 15t. Vorteks is the only 3s that comes with optional speed pinion (20t)

Cheers for the responses everyone. I think it's pretty clear that it should have come with a 15t not 20t, but something went wrong somewhere.
The good news is it has been swapped out and now he has no more excuses for when I whup him in any races. Plus it is way more fun to drive

I've been rocking this on my v2 senton for awhile now.. No cogs, i think she likes it!!

20210721_192037_HDR.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back