Raider Stock Raider Battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rdub

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Raider
So..... my post has two reasons.
  1. I couldn't stand seeing the Raider stuck on 99 threads anymore!! It's my only Arrma (right now) and I love it.

2. I was playing with my new Venom pro duo so I was charging up anything I could get my hands on. I charged up my 7.2 2000mah battery and ran the Raider. If I got 7 minutes of just running it in the street and up and down the driveway, it was a lot!
Yes I have a brushless set-up which is drawing more from it I'm sure, but even before that, it wasn't much longer. I can see that being frustrating to someone new to this and possibly turn them away. They should really figure out how to offer longer run times in the entry level and they'd probably get even more people hooked into this crazy hobby!! Just my 2 cents!

Bash on!!!

To be fair, a 2,000mAh battery is a pretty small capacity battery. Upgrade to a 4,000 - 6,000 mAh battery and you'll see much better run times. On the flip side that's also my biggest gripe with electric RC's, the long wait in between charges. Whereas with my nitro or gas powered RC's I simply drive them up to me and fill them back up then take off again. No down time.

To be fair, a 2,000mAh battery is a pretty small capacity battery. Upgrade to a 4,000 - 6,000 mAh battery and you'll see much better run times. On the flip side that's also my biggest gripe with electric RC's, the long wait in between charges. Whereas with my nitro or gas powered RC's I simply drive them up to me and fill them back up then take off again. No down time.

All very true!!! I usually don't use that battery at all, but after playing with my charger, I ran it through one time. I was quickly reminded why that battery just sits there and takes up space on the workbench. Lol.

I run two Flourion 5200MaH 7.2V 2s LiPo batteries, each one lasts me 45 minutes to an hour at my local track, if i'm wide open back and forth on my street i still get about 20-30 minutes. I was at the track last weekend for 6 hours running only my two batteries, by the time one died the other one was almost done charging. I also have the Venom Pro Duo charger and I do not use the fast charge setting, only balance charge for my LiPo batteries.

If you want a battery that's really good with output and also last's over an hour of continuous run, get a max amps. I have a 2S max amps 8000mah and it is ridiculous. Honestly it almost has as much power as a 3S and it lasts so long that you get bored of running your car. The only downside is that the battery I got is about $150. But these batteries are made in the U.S. and they have a lifetime warranty as long as you take care of it. I plan on buying at least two more for my other cars.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back