Stock S652 Servo is Kaput?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JustAnOutcast

compulsive over-thinker, I think. 🤔
Reaction score
Batteries all charged up and ready to go but after power on sequence, there is forward and reverse but no left and right. Outcast 6s EXB is only a month old… :confused:
HH product support has sent me an email to fill out to start the process…First Level support suspects bad servo.
Anything to try before I respond to them? Thanks!

Swap the servo with the throttle port and see if the servo responds with trigger input..

It’s very important to set end points on your steering servos BEFORE you drive your RC

The stock servos are not the best and many upgrade them right away
The Ds3235 Servo is a decent quality cheap replacement

But i have a few stock servos still going because i set end points!

@stevenwm I specifically asked LHS guy this the day of purchase and he said no. Dang. Oh well, anyway, should be getting replacement servo from HH. And will most definitely set steering end points FIRST. Thank you!

Toss the junk and buy better from Amazon for 30 to $40 range if not for a 8s, then I would not know. Figure if stock does not last that long, then another will not be an improvement. Buy a better one and be done with it.

Toss the junk and buy better from Amazon for 30 to $40 range if not for a 8s, then I would not know. Figure if stock does not last that long, then another will not be an improvement. Buy a better one and be done with it.
No doubt I will eventually, but the truck only being one month old I plan to keep using “free” Arrma replacements until the warranty runs out.
Here’s a video

Thanks. I remember watching this video. 🤕
Will actually follow along when new servo arrives.

To clarify, your LHS employee told you that you don't need to set steering end points out of the box?

If so, I suggest you avoid taking advice from them in the future. Watch razorrc videos instead.

To clarify, your LHS employee told you that you don't need to set steering end points out of the box?

If so, I suggest you avoid taking advice from them in the future. Watch razorrc videos instead.
Yup. He said I didn’t need to do anything but charge up a battery and go.
It’s pretty cool having a hobby shop just around the corner, but I’m learning to be very careful about what I actually believe.
I’ve watched quite a few of his videos, there are a couple other guys out there that are good too. Thanks.

You can do a lot better than the s652 even on the cheap.
I wouldn’t mind spending a few extra bucks on a decent servo, but I’m thinking as long as it’s under warranty, I’ll just keep it stock for now.

Hmmm, :unsure: Or… maybe now’s the time to buy a “good” servo and keep the stock replacement as a backup.

You put in a decent servo and will be surprised at how better the steering is.

Actually I don’t remember asking specifically about steering end points, but I do remember asking the generic question if any calibrations needed to be done before first run...
Anyway, lesson learned. Just heard from HH and new servo is on the way!
You put in a decent servo and will be surprised at how better the steering is.
What would you recommend? I’d like to keep everything else stock if possible.

Last edited:
+1 to replacing the s652 servo. I for a long time felt the stock servo was adequate enough. That was until I put a HobbyStar 444oz servo @ 7.4v in my Outcast. Man what a difference.

This is the one I currently use.

you will need a new servo horn that’s 25t. The stock is 23t.

Last edited:
+1 to replacing the s652 servo. I for a long time felt the stock servo was adequate enough. That was until I put a HobbyStar 444oz servo @ 7.4v in my Outcast. Man what a difference.

This is the one I currently use.
Thanks. Seems reasonably priced at $35.

It’s very important to set end points on your steering servos BEFORE you drive your RC
Thanks for pointing this out. Got the replacement servo installed and during end point calibration I noticed servo was straining way past the left end point. (y)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back