Outcast Stock Servo really?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Widmo

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Hi.
I'm new owner of Outcast its great beast but , this servo is a joke.

Have him 3 days , and use :
First day 1x4s battery 1 time
Second day 2x3s battery 1 time
Third day 2x3s battery 1 time
Its maybe 2h fun and servo totaly broken , center gear don't have tooth.
Disapointed new Owner.

That's unfortunate.... But Arrma provide excellent service and warranty IMO!!

Hi.
I'm new owner of Outcast its great beast but , this servo is a joke.

Have him 3 days , and use :
First day 1x4s battery 1 time
Second day 2x3s battery 1 time
Third day 2x3s battery 1 time
Its maybe 2h fun and servo totaly broken , center gear don't have tooth.
Disapointed new Owner.
Stock servo is garbage in a 1/8th scale vehicle, works wonders in my Ecx Ruckus though.
This is what I would do if I was you, contact Arrma and they should get you fixed up with a new one, and while waiting for the new one buy a Savox 1230sg servo, it's $20 less than the 1210sg and makes almost twice the torque, however it is not waterproof(waterproofing a servo is so easy a caveman can do it.). Keep the one that comes back from Arrma as a spare or put it in something else.

Broken servo i send to local distributor.
I ordered it already SRT CL6023 LV . Its cheaper than savox and waterproof.

Stock servo is garbage in a 1/8th scale vehicle, works wonders in my Ecx Ruckus though.
This is what I would do if I was you, contact Arrma and they should get you fixed up with a new one, and while waiting for the new one buy a Savox 1230sg servo, it's $20 less than the 1210sg and makes almost twice the torque, however it is not waterproof(waterproofing a servo is so easy a caveman can do it.). Keep the one that comes back from Arrma as a spare or put it in something else.

Yeah I use the stock on the 1/10 Wolf. Only way the steering could keep up with the motor and ESC I put in it. It's still too fast for itself.

But yeah the stock servo was the first thing to go in my Kraton.

It's the crap flexible mount that ruins the servo. I put the $3 DIY mount fix in a stock Outcast with stock servo, no problems.

It's the crap flexible mount that ruins the servo. I put the $3 DIY mount fix in a stock Outcast with stock servo, no problems.
I stiffened my servo mount before I stripped my stock servo. The problem is the gears are made of brass and aluminum in the Arrma servo instead of steel or titanium like a lot of the Savox servos that are recommended so they strip really easy in a 1/8 application. Brass is far too soft a metal to be used in a 1/8 scale servo.

i just picked up a Savox SA1230sg and it's quite a bit taller than the stock servo in my Outcast... any suggestions?

nevermind i found the answers in another thread. thanks

20171128_183111.jpg 20171128_183156.jpg 20171128_183307.jpg
So What did you do?
Can you please upload some pictures?

i had some old traxxas aluminum servo
mounts, and i drilled out the threaded holes in them to use as spacers. I also used a few links from a #35 go-kart chain to get the extra height, as well as on top for stiffening. Also had to round up some longer bolts. Added a tie rod ball as a spacer on the end of the steering arm too.

Also, guy at the local hobby shop says no need for bec with 6s... true?

View attachment 13768 View attachment 13769 View attachment 13770

i had some old traxxas aluminum servo
mounts, and i drilled out the threaded holes in them to use as spacers. I also used a few links from a #35 go-kart chain to get the extra height, as well as on top for stiffening. Also had to round up some longer bolts. Added a tie rod ball as a spacer on the end of the steering arm too.

Good job;).
How do you think is the new servo?

Voltage has nothing to do with whether or not you need a BEC, you either need one or you don't. The internal BEC will provide 6.0v no matter what battery you use.

Broken servo i send to local distributor.
I ordered it already SRT CL6023 LV . Its cheaper than savox and waterproof.

How is it treating you so far? I've had a 20kg PowerHD fail very quickly (it was less than 20€ on HK, but thye normally cost the same as SRT's) and I'm looking for something else.

6s doesn't matter (well OK, you'll be going faster so the chances of breaking anything increase), the ESC will put out 6V for the servo, as already stated by slick2500 up there.

@tywhitty, stop listening to that guy's advice...

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back