Typhon Stock servo seems MEH...or is it something else.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Switchblade2k

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Mojave
  2. Typhon 3s
So i've been running my Typhon around our local track and I've improved its handling by softening up the front shocks but the steering still feels "squishy" and the servo seams slow. Can I improve this with a different servo or is this a radio/receiver issue or a little of both?

Check bearings in steering rack. What type/size of tires are you running. Model of radio? A new high speed /torque servo may help but check the others before you spend $

@Brandon I just have the stock tires and brand new sealed bearings in the steering rack...it didn't even have bearings before! Radio is the stock Spectrum 2 channel that came with the buggy.

@jondilly1974 what is a good number for a high speed servo?

If you still have the ADS-7 then yes it is known to be weak. You can get 25kg servos on Amazon for about $20 or the ADS-15M from the 4S/6S rigs.
Myself and @olds97_lss both had the same problem with the Blue 25kg servos. I'm giving the reds a try, Banggood has 2 packs for $23.99 I bought 2 2 packs plus I found a coupon for 10% off so even after shipping and insurance I only paid $47.13 for the 4 of them. https://www.banggood.com/2pcs-DSSER...rplane-Robot-p-1427173.html?cur_warehouse=USA

I had quite a journey to find a servo for my Typhon.

First I changed to the Arrma's ADS-15M (12$), which wasn't crisp and WAY too slow.

Then I tried the famous 20kg JX PDI 6221MG (20$), which was more precise but still too slow.

But then I found the JX PDI-5508MG (15$), which is "only" 8kg (which way more then enough then for the Typhon wheels) and is digital and QUICK! if I compare it next to the Savox SC-1256TG (70$) that I have on my 6s Typhon, then the Savox is a bit quicker and more nuanced, but frankly on the track I cannot tell between them.

I say try a faster servo, there's is no need for those high torque servos on the 3s Typhon.

It might also be the STX2, don't have it so I don't know.

All great info guys thanks! I'll let you know what I do and my results.

Oh I've read that the stock servo saver is a bit on the squishy side have any of you changed that out? if so for what?

I e tried many servos and pretty much broken them all with exception to the blue 25kg on Amazon.

All great info guys thanks! I'll let you know what I do and my results.

Oh I've read that the stock servo saver is a bit on the squishy side have any of you changed that out? if so for what?

Yes, black Large Kimbrough Heavy Duty (or whatever they call it). Fits perfect, just need to trim the rectangle into a triangle.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back