Stock servo stripped gears

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

robl45

Reaction score
Stripped the gears on the stock servo. Totally my fault. I tightened up the servo saver and apparently did it too much. I tested it and thought I saw it working but on retesting it, the servo saver is solid.

So new metal gears for the stock servo or are one of the cheap sevos, annimos or the banggood servo I see mentioned a better option?

Arrma is sending me the metal gears with mine under the warranty from when I stripped it out I wrote Thomas b and he is sending me a new box 185 and ads15 and the the optional metal gears all free can' beat that even if I do have 2 wait for over a month

Yea but that's a lot more than a set of gears or a cheap servo. I'd put the savox in my helicopter, not in a bash truck.

Well imo u get what u pay for and if you want a good servo that isn' gonna strip gears and b strong water proof digital and 7.4v capable then can' beat it really less then 100 pretty cheap imo
20180316_211924.jpg

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0769DFJVK/ref=ox_sc_act_title_1?smid=A3NMC7084N0TIJ&psc=1

Someone on here recommended this servo and said its working well for them. The only thing I'm worried about is will the stock outcast servo horn fit or will the screw that goes into the stock servo horn thread into the horn that it comes with? Anyone know?

I tried taking the cheap way and turning the gears in the stock servo. Apparently I didn't get it just right and its grinding again. Its not worth the effort to take it apart again unless I get new gears in the future.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back