Stock servo stripped? Which savox?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bingy93

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
Went to take the outcast for a run on 6s and a few minutes in after a few slow runs aroun the track the servo only turns the wheels right, turn it to the left and it grinds really and doesn't move. Or just makes sounds like it's spinning in there but nothing is happening. Going to strip it
Apart tomrrow morning.

Looking to upgrade it as I hAve a servo mount on the way to help keep it in place. What servos do people reccomend and how much did u pay
Thanks

Hey mate I got the same one yesterday I'll give u a quick run thru

Unplug original servo in ur reciver case, have fun feeding wires back out slowly so u don't break anything. Make sure u notice which way the wires r plugged into the 1st channel. Plug it in. Turn ya car on make sure servo works. Screw her back in place. Leave servo horn disconnected. Make sure ur wheels are straight. Turn car on let the servo "centre" itself. Put horn on and test n play

I just opened up the manual and it's got a page on "how to remove servo" that'll chop u out man

I replaced my servo didn't even bother opening it up. It's not that good the stock one. Barely moves my tyres on concrete when it's still

I just picked up the 1210 but I don't k or how to get the unit to work lol Servo newb
It's literally plug and play unless there's a problem elsewhere

I have that servo too. While it is plug and play, you will notice that it is just slightly taller than the stock. Mine was sitting on the chassis, instead of just floating above it. A couple little spacers up top fixed that. Greg over at GKA suggested the same, when I ordered the Servo Mount.

I have that servo too. While it is plug and play, you will notice that it is just slightly taller than the stock. Mine was sitting on the chassis, instead of just floating above it. A couple little spacers up top fixed that. Greg over at GKA suggested the same, when I ordered the Servo Mount.
I did notice it was slightly taller. I didn't think it would of been an issue. Would it be good to space it up a lil more so it won't damage the servo when ya land ?

I thought rough landings might jar it more than I wanted. Considering the aluminum servo mounts, and aluminum servo case, there is not need for the any support the chassis might provide. I figured having it float over the chassis would help protect it. I'm leaving mine up. I also used the Axial 25T servo horn, and hooked it up to the Hot Racing Aluminum Bell Crank, and Voltage Hobbies Steering Rack.

I thought rough landings might jar it more than I wanted. Considering the aluminum servo mounts, and aluminum servo case, there is not need for the any support the chassis might provide. I figured having it float over the chassis would help protect it. I'm leaving mine up. I also used the Axial 25T servo horn, and hooked it up to the Hot Racing Aluminum Bell Crank, and Voltage Hobbies Steering Rack.
Nice , my outcast pretty much stock haven't had for that long but the servo was the first to go

Yep My servo was first as well. Realized later that I had bent the steering rack, so the I got the voltage Hobbies Steering rack, and dang that thing is beefy.

I had about 4 servos go and all warrantied, prob due to the servo mount on orig kraton
just ordered an aluminum mount

do i need to change the horn or is the stock fine?

I changed it on my Kraton and now the roll cage pin is much easier to pull out and it looks cool in blue!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back