Big Rock Stock Shock oil to soft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disturbed_kraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
So my BR v3 gets sent as hard as my K6S, and my K8S but the stock shock oil is way to soft whats people's preference with shock oil?

So my BR v3 gets sent as hard as my K6S, and my K8S but the stock shock oil is way to soft whats people's preference with shock oil?
I'm running 50k in my Granite and love it! I also run 6s size shocks though but I send it to the moon and it plants nicely on landings and also handles rough terrain a whole lot better👍 could maybe go to 60k but I don't want to get bounce on the landings so I've stayed with 50k as it's been 👌

I'm running 50k in my Granite and love it! I also run 6s size shocks though but I send it to the moon and it plants nicely on landings and also handles rough terrain a whole lot better👍 could maybe go to 60k but I don't want to get bounce on the landings so I've stayed with 50k as it's been 👌
Nice so no issues swapping to the 6s size? I get 15ft high and 30ish ft long and it chassis slaps hard. Just jumping 5 ft off my kicker it chassis slaps.

Nice so no issues swapping to the 6s size? I get 15ft high and 30ish ft long and it chassis slaps hard. Just jumping 5 ft off my kicker it chassis slaps.
Nope ran it like that for a good 8+ months no issues at all👍 and I send it hard like 20+ feet up sometimes and good 30+ feet long sends🤘 remember you want that chassis slap though so the arms don't take all the impact causing broken arms, shocks or even hubs. Here's some video sending my Granite and I send it bigger than in the video as well.
I'm running the Typhon arms and turnbuckles and now MX28's with +10mm hex adapters so it sits 15in wide and handles great👌also went to 4s capable with 2400kv motor and 6s ESC 🤘
IMG_20210522_160703140.jpg

IMG_20210522_160654872.jpg
IMG_20210522_160709498.jpg
IMG_20210522_160717201.jpg

Yeah im not trying g to get rid of chassis slap totally but it hits hard even on mild launches. I'm gonna goto 6s shocks with 50k thanks yall.

Yeah im not trying g to get rid of chassis slap totally but it hits hard even on mild launches. I'm gonna goto 6s shocks with 50k thanks yall.
The rears will be too long unless you get the Typhon shocks. I'd get two front sets of Kraton or Noto 6s shocks that's what I run👍 the K6s/Noto rears are just too long and will cause issues unless you limit the travel with like fuel tubing inside the shock under the piston on the shock shaft.

The rears will be too long unless you get the Typhon shocks. I'd get two front sets of Kraton or Noto 6s shocks that's what I run👍 the K6s/Noto rears are just too long and will cause issues unless you limit the travel with like fuel tubing inside the shock under the piston on the shock shaft.
Thanks ill just do two fronts from the 6s or the typhon shocks I'm not trying to mess around with tubing in the shocks.

Thanks ill just do two fronts from the 6s or the typhon shocks I'm not trying to mess around with tubing in the shocks.
That and the Typhon set is like twice the price which is dumb being smaller shocks. Look at Jenny's should be able to get two sets of the K6s/Noto for like $50-60

Get stiff springs. Many people get Typhon shocks because the lengths are very compatible with the 3s line. But Typhon 6s springs are much softer than the BigRock's. For the rear, Kraton/Notorious front shocks are the same length as Typhon rears and come with stiffer springs. Mojave front springs are a good match for the front. But Mojave front shocks are slightly longer than the Typhon fronts. You could get Typhon front shocks and add Mojave springs, or just use the slightly longer Mojave fronts. Another option for springs is Team Associated RC8B yellow springs. They're not as stiff as the Kraton/Mojave springs, but they perform better on the ground.

Get stiff springs. Many people get Typhon shocks because the lengths are very compatible with the 3s line. But Typhon 6s springs are much softer than the BigRock's. For the rear, Kraton/Notorious front shocks are the same length as Typhon rears and come with stiffer springs. Mojave front springs are a good match for the front. But Mojave front shocks are slightly longer than the Typhon fronts. You could get Typhon front shocks and add Mojave springs, or just use the slightly longer Mojave fronts. Another option for springs is Team Associated RC8B yellow springs. They're not as stiff as the Kraton/Mojave springs, but they perform better on the ground.
Nice I'll check Jenny's last time I was on there they were out of dang near everything. I had a granite before this so if there was a way to achieve a slightly higher ride height even if a few mm id be ok with that cus this sits lower than the granite

The Kraton fronts are 117mm and Typhon fronts are 104mm. That's 2-3mm longer than the Big Rock (115 rear, 101 front). But the Mojave fronts are 108 mm. It increases front ride height more than the rear, so I think they may tip up the front a bit. But I don't use them, so I don't know if it really makes a difference.

If you want more ride height for both front and rear, I'm using Tekno SCT410 shocks in my Granite. 107mm and 122mm, 6-7mm longer than the BigRock. The price will be higher than Arrmas from Jenny's RC though. You'll definitely want stiffer springs too. The Tekno springs they come with are super light. (Rich Duperdash uses Tekno 48.3 shocks on his Granite which are 122mm and 137mm, 21-22mm longer than the Big Rock)

Here's a thread with lots of shock options:
https://www.arrmaforum.com/threads/...d-blx-4s-shock-information-and-upgrades.7413/

Last edited:
Lol sorry meant to write a longer response but I was busy but I appreciate the info and im going to check out the teknos to try and squeeze whatever height I can out of the BR.

50-60k shock oil? 😮

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back