Big Rock Stock Shock oil to soft

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Disturbed_kraton

Fairly New Member
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Kraton 8S
  3. Kraton 6s
So my BR v3 gets sent as hard as my K6S, and my K8S but the stock shock oil is way to soft whats people's preference with shock oil weight?

So my BR v3 gets sent as hard as my K6S, and my K8S but the stock shock oil is way to soft whats people's preference with shock oil weight?

If your BR v3 is stock with stock shocks...oil alone is NOT going to help you if you are sending it like the other two.

Yes, oil weight is a concern about a 60-80wt but a lot goes into that. Better shocks like most of us with a BR v3 I am using Typhon 6S shocks on my BR. Still if sending it that's not enough because the Typhon 6S springs are too soft for the BR. So then we upgrade the shocks on the Typhon 6S to the in/lb that is closes to the BR v3 in/lb like the Team Associate springs or the Kraton or Mojave springs on the Typhon shocks for the BR. I have on the Team Ass. springs on the Typhon 6S with 60wt oil...oil weight is subjective if you are at this level to your taste in bashing.

Try to do some searching here on this forum. The question has been asked a lot and tons of answer get some coffee long reading but will help you in the end. Good luck.

If your BR v3 is stock with stock shocks...oil alone is NOT going to help you if you are sending it like the other two.

Yes, oil weight is a concern about a 60-80wt but a lot goes into that. Better shocks like most of us with a BR v3 I am using Typhon 6S shocks on my BR. Still if sending it that's not enough because the Typhon 6S springs are too soft for the BR. So then we upgrade the shocks on the Typhon 6S to the in/lb that is closes to the BR v3 in/lb like the Team Associate springs or the Kraton or Mojave springs on the Typhon shocks for the BR. I have on the Team Ass. springs on the Typhon 6S with 60wt oil...oil weight is subjective if you are at this level to your taste in bashing.

Try to do some searching here on this forum. The question has been asked a lot and tons of answer get some coffee long reading but will help you in the end. Good luck.
I appreciate it. I just got all aluminum big bore shocks 102mm front and 117mm rear off ebay and I'm going to throw the 1000cst that's stock in the k6s. It's equivalent to 75 wt I believe. Next is diving into past posts to get a stiffer spring rate.

I appreciate it. I just got all aluminum big bore shocks 102mm front and 117mm rear off ebay and I'm going to throw the 1000cst that's stock in the k6s. It's equivalent to 75 wt I believe. Next is diving into past posts to get a stiffer spring rate.

I have a set and use them on the Big Rock...I go back and forth. They have been well for me but I am not bashing it in your fashion,. I also used the stock Big Rock springs on the Big Bore and 60wt oil did very well for me for what I do.

I have a set and use them on the Big Rock...I go back and forth. They have been well for me but I am not bashing it in your fashion,. I also used the stock Big Rock springs on the Big Bore and 60wt oil did very well for me for what I do.
Yep after testing today the springs that came with them were entirely to soft so I did the 1000cst with stock springs with about 1/2 inch of preload. So it dips on hard braking but has zero sag after. Tomorrow I will test it off the ramp its my only running car at the moment my k8s has a broken dogbone in the rear and the k6s has a broken lower arm. Lol the 2 cars I typically have zero issues with broke today and my problem child bigrock survived lol.

With better springs I like 50wt on my Granite and I send it big also
Yeah I bought 50 wt after you and I have talked last and tried it with stock springs it was still really soft but that was in the plastic crap stock shock bodies. Once I get the springs where I want then then I'm going to experiment with the oil weight

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back