Stock steering servo died??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dude1981

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Talion
I have a Typhon and it was driving great then the servo just stopped working. No sounds or anything like it's not getting power. I also have the Outcast and a Truggified Typhon which got upgraded to SAVOX's. All three of my Arrmas have done this. Seems crazy! Anyone else??

It is my opinion that the servos do not have enough power to handle the 1/8th scale applications so you either burn it up because it is struggling to move the wheels or the gears strip. I rebuilt mine after it ate the gears and stuck it in my Ecx Ruckus and it has been going good for the past few months now.

Arrma if you are listening to us please change your oem for your servos. I would much rather the stock servo be a Savox SW0231MG than the current offering.

Put in a hitec 9380 and be done with it. don't even need a bec. Just hook on a PAD device to your receiver and good to go. Longest lasting servo out there and actually send power back to the receiver when braking instead of robbing your power like a Savox and manny other runner ups.

Put in a hitec 9380 and be done with it. don't even need a bec. Just hook on a PAD device to your receiver and good to go. Longest lasting servo out there and actually send power back to the receiver when braking instead of robbing your power like a Savox and manny other runner ups.
Dat price do

It is my opinion that the servos do not have enough power to handle the 1/8th scale applications so you either burn it up because it is struggling to move the wheels or the gears strip. I rebuilt mine after it ate the gears and stuck it in my Ecx Ruckus and it has been going good for the past few months now.

Arrma if you are listening to us please change your oem for your servos. I would much rather the stock servo be a Savox SW0231MG than the current offering.
I agree, They seem a bit weak. Especially on big tire applications like the Outcast. Two of mine have just stopped like the electronics gave out. Probably got too hot! Not complaining too much as Arrma builds such durable and hard bashworthy rigs for the money, I have no problem getting a better servo for it.

I just burnt out my stock servo on my 3rd battery. My first day with the Talion, it's a bummer. I took it apart flipped the gear that sheered the teeth off and got another battery out of it.

What is a “PAD device”?

I found this thread after having the same experience... driving my 2018 Typhon on 4S with my new truggy wheels, suddenly no more steering. I plugged another servo into the receiver and that turned just fine. I have less than ten runs with the car! I'll contact Arrma for warranty. I had sticker shock looking up the Hitec 9380 - a titanium geared model for $180! The Savox SW-0231MG seemed a much more affordable $40.

I found this thread after having the same experience... driving my 2018 Typhon on 4S with my new truggy wheels, suddenly no more steering. I plugged another servo into the receiver and that turned just fine. I have less than ten runs with the car! I'll contact Arrma for warranty. I had sticker shock looking up the Hitec 9380 - a titanium geared model for $180! The Savox SW-0231MG seemed a much more affordable $40.
Just as a heads up that Savox 0231MG isn't much better than the stock one as they both use brass and aluminum gears. I would go with the Savox 1210sg or if you don't care about it being waterproof the Savox 1230sg as they use steel gears.

Thanks for your feedback! It was interesting taking a look at the Savox and Hitec websites, there is a whole range of options for "standard sized" (40x38x20mm like the stock analog MG servo) or "tall" models. I ended up ordering a SC1256TG plus $6 Glitch Buster just before I saw your post. I'll look at that 1230sg for my Nero, though!

Arrma ADS-15M V2 15kg Servo, $40
208 oz-in @ 7.2v (15 kg, but at 7.2v)
0.14 sec /60 deg @ 6v
40 x 38 x 20mm
waterproof, analog, metal gear, dual ball bearing (2bb), 25t spline

Savox SW-0231MG, $40
208 oz-in @ 6v (15kg)
0.17 sec /60 deg
41.8 x 20.2 x 42.9 mm (slightly taller)
waterproof, digital, metal gears, 2bb, 25t

Savox coreless SC1256TG, $70
277 oz-in @ 6v (20kg)
0.15 sec /60 deg @ 6v
40.3 x 20.2 x 37.2mm
digital, titanium gears, 2bb, 25t

Savox 1230SG, $70
500 oz-in @ 6v (36kg)
.16 sec /60 deg @ 6v
40.3 x 20.2 x 44.9mm (taller case)
digital, steel gears, 2bb, 25t

I have a Typhon and it was driving great then the servo just stopped working. No sounds or anything like it's not getting power. I also have the Outcast and a Truggified Typhon which got upgraded to SAVOX's. All three of my Arrmas have done this. Seems crazy! Anyone else??
Bro my kraton 6 s servo just stopped working still trying to figure out what happened

Bro my kraton 6 s servo just stopped working still trying to figure out what happened
1ioqv5.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back