Stock tires for seton 3s blx

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Larson

Reaction score
Anyone here have a set of tires they'd be willing to sell? Just had my first blowout and I'm low on funds to upgrade to 17mm at the moment. I've had my truck for less than a week lol

Do they not come vented? Mine out of the box were vented.

Yes, the latest version Sentons come vented from the factory and a lot of people still have problems blowing them. I've seen some people mention that blowing the tires could be an issue with the tires not being glued to the wheels properly, or at least not being glued completely.

I got a new set of tires and rims with foams for $16 on amazon. That was a track set. I also bought a road set for $20. And I ordered a factory looking knockoff set for $25 from ebay. Just pay attention to the hub size. Some are 12mm, mine are 17mm so I had to watch out. Also just verify the overall diameter of the tires before buying so you don't accidentally order the small ones that are like 90mm. These are 118mm. Going to see how it compares to stock because I love the stock ones but I melted them down on pavement one day. So if I can do donuts and whatever and they work good then I'll stick to them but the price is so cheap. I use a harbor freight leather punch $5 to make holes, I tape the inside to "belt" them with gorilla duct tape.

I was able to glue it back together to limp it around until I can get new tires. In the process of testing my glue job the motor locked up on me. Sigh..

Can't hurt to contact hh, if they blew up that quickly...same thing happened to mine and many others. I also got some of ebay that have worked really well.. but they were 12mm, I had to get an adapter

Ebay has stock replacments for around $45 shipped. I'm going to be buying some here soon lol

Stock tires look great but they can't handle the 3s blx. I had a tire blow on the 2nd run and had to constantly reglue the beads. They grip descent in the grass, terrible on the dirt. And wore a set down to slicks in about 10 minutes on the concrete. I run proline badlands and I love them.

Back