stock tires stuck

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Xtremekhaos

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock
Hey guy need a little help just brought a typhon 6s and wanna change tires but cant remove then .i removed the nut and they should just slide off .any tips on how to get them off ?

Hi @Xtremekhaos, and welcome to the forum. You're not the first to encounter the "wheel's to tight" issue. Thumbs on the hub, fingers around the back of the wheel, and wiggle back and forth slowly. Once off, light sand the inside of the rim that where it goes over the hub. Hope it doesn't give you too much trouble. If something breaks in the process, Horizon Hobby will likely replace.

My Senton wheels were really tight as well. I got one off by putting my thumbs on the hub and wiggling and pulling. The other ones I had to get a torch and warm up the threads and then work them off. Just don't forget that it's hot now and put your thumbs on the hub after the heat!

Hi @Xtremekhaos,

I was in your boat a couple of weeks ago. I was afraid that I would break something if I pulled the wheel with any more force. I started wiggling, and spinning the wheel a bit, wiggling form a different angle, repeat... It took a lot of force and no less than 30 minutes for that last wheel to come off. I have no idea how I didnt break anything. So be patient and work it.

From what I understand, the wheel gets pinched and pushes on the axle when the nut is tightened at the factory.

Good luck!

I just removed all the nuts and took the car out for a run. After one wheel fell off I took it in and the others were now loosened. Hexes weren’t damaged either.

I just removed all the nuts and took the car out for a run. After one wheel fell off I took it in and the others were now loosened. Hexes weren’t damaged either.
That sounds like the fun way to do it! A lot less cussing too!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back