Stock Typhon 3s btx battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

WaZZu206

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 3s
Whats the best battery for speed and long life. I'm only 5 days into this sport lol
Whats the best battery for speed and long life. I'm only 5 days into this sport lol
16166553170321743012881594337481.jpg

This is my current battery, anything better?

Last edited:
Looks good to me. Lipos are all a mixed bag. When you get into higher power 6s/8s rigs or Speed running/ high amp pulls, some lipos perform better than others.
The flavor of the month seems to be CNHL Lipos. 👍
If you get 15-20 min. of run time you are good.
You can go to 6k mah and higher but then you may have a hard time fitting and are heavier. Stay around 5k mah/ 50c and above..
It's more about how you care for your lipos that counts.
Storage charging them to 3.8v/ cell after every single use. When they are not used. And keep them at 3.8v/cell. Check them once a month if sitting unused for long periods. Not letting them sit around for days in a discharged state or even letting them be fully charged for days. And lipos are more dangerous in a fully charged state.. Use them after they are charged.

Last edited:

View attachment 134589

I think 3s batteries are all much the same and I wouldn't get too hung up on C ratings as there's no industry standard, although Arrma recommend 35c as a minimum though. You might get the odd MPH difference and last a couple of minutes longer, but I reckon it's not something you'll genuinely notice. Might want to consider hardcase ones though if you're bashing. What run time are you getting with your current batteries?

Looks good to me. Lipos are all a mixed bag. When you get into higher power 6s/8s rigs or Speed running/ high amp pulls, some lipos perform better than others.
You can go to 6k mah and higher but then you may have a hard time fitting and are heavier. Stay around 5k mah/ 50c and above..
Storage charging them to 3.8v/ cell after every single use. When they are not used. And keep them at 3.8v/cell. Check them once a month if sitting unused for long periods. Not letting them sit around for days in a discharged state or even letting them be fully charged for days. And lipos are more dangerous in a fully charged state.. Use them after they are charged.

16166566000836931568500310992883.jpg

That's the charger i have, can't figure out how to storage 3.8v. Its just default to whatever it says now lol

View attachment 134591

That's the charger i have, can't figure out how to storage 3.8v. Its just default to whatever it says now lol
I assume the battery type button cycles through your different options. One of those should be storage mode. You'll also be able to select lipo cell count, charging rates etc. The manual should hopefully give you the specific detail.

I think 3s batteries are all much the same and I wouldn't get too hung up on C ratings as there's no industry standard, although Arrma recommend 35c as a minimum though. You might get the odd MPH difference and last a couple of minutes longer, but I reckon it's not something you'll genuinely notice. Might want to consider hardcase ones though if you're bashing. What run time are you getting with your current batteries?
About 30 give or take
I assume the battery type button cycles through your different options. One of those should be storage mode. You'll also be able to select lipo cell count, charging rates etc. The manual should hopefully give you the specific detail.

Yea picked my battery storage specs but couldn't see anything about specific voltage charge down

About 30 give or take

Yea picked my battery storage specs but couldn't see anything about specific voltage charge down
I would just set to 1c discharge rate - so 5.2amps using the + and -. You might want to set it a little lower but the reality is the charger will do the rest and alter the amps as the cycle progresses until it gets to 3.8v/cell at which point it will stop. And 30mins is a decent time for the Mah. You probably wouldn't want any longer as you're then in danger of over heating the motor/ESC. Swapping batteries and having a 5 min time out is a good opportunity to let everything cool down. And nice vehicle by the way. Currently have a big rock but love the styling of the Typhon.

I would just set to 1c discharge rate - so 5.2amps using the + and -. You might want to set it a little lower but the reality is the charger will do the rest and alter the amps as the cycle progresses until it gets to 3.8v/cell at which point it will stop. And 30mins is a decent time for the Mah. You probably wouldn't want any longer as you're then in danger of over heating the motor/ESC. Swapping batteries and having a 5 min time out is a good opportunity to let everything cool down. And nice vehicle by the way. Currently have a big rock but love the styling of the Typhon.
Thanks for the info Boomer! So the battery i have is the best for my stock motor for now? Just looking to buy another that performs the best so i can have longer sessions.
And thanks! I think i made a good purchase for my first truck. The buggy style caught my eye lol

Thanks for the info Boomer! So the battery i have is the best for my stock motor for now? Just looking to buy another that performs the best so i can have longer sessions.

And thanks! I think i made a good purchase for my first truck. The buggy style caught my eye lol
I think your batteries fine. As mentioned, any longer and your in danger of temp issues. If you do look to get another though, and your doing jumps etc, might be worth considering hardcase ones.

I think your batteries fine. As mentioned, any longer and your in danger of temp issues. If you do look to get another though, and your doing jumps etc, might be worth considering hardcase ones.
Do you have a recommendation? Not sure about brands yet. I guess i could search hardcase lipos with my current specs but want to hear from the pros

Ha ha. Very far from a pro mate! Not sure where you're based, but I'm in the UK. I'm using Voltz hardcase which charge and run well. I know other people have had success with Zeee, ovonics, turnigys, DXF, SMCs. I basically look to find anything with an ec5 connector as I can't solder!

I would focus more on learning how to use that charger. Or you are going to brick your Lipo. And a second one.
It is a basic 2 line display charger. And they all have a storage charging setting. If it doesn't get your money back. And get a decent charger.
You will brick your lipos sooner than later if you don't storage charge them. How many times have you used your lipo so far?
Get a cell checker to monitor cell voltage. To see how low the cells get after bashing. When LVC engages. :cool:

I would focus more on learning how to use that charger. Or you are going to brick your Lipo. And a second one.
It is a basic 2 line display charger. And they all have a storage charging setting. If it doesn't get your money back. And get a decent charger.
You will brick your lipos sooner than later if you don't storage charge them. How many times have you used your lipo so far?
Get a cell checker to monitor cell voltage. To see how low the cells get after bashing. When LVC engages. :cool:
I'm out of Seattle washington lol and only ran it about 8 times in 5 days. Works getting in the way of fun lol i got storage mode just need to learn voltage settings. Ill look deeper into the manual. So even if i full charge after its still better to storage "charge" it after every run? Imma need more batteries haha

Never store your lipo fully charged! (4.2v/cell) And never leave them below 3.8v. They should run/be used after they are charged. Placed at 3.8v right after you are done. The only way to do it. Or you will be eating lipos for sure. The pack will puff up go dead very fast etc, then you will be back here with a thread asking why this happened.
Need to research more regarding care and feeding of lipos. There are many videos in regards. And also much on AF here. Search around.
Store only at 3.8/cell . Storage mode setting does that automatically to 3.8v. Your Lectron lipo is 5,200 mah. So you will be charging at 5.2 amps. And Storage charging at 5.2 amps.

agreed, @SrC really knows his stuff (y)

View attachment 134589

i also use a lectron pro battery but it's a 2s hardcase instead of 3s soft case :)

Never store your lipo fully charged! (4.2v/cell) And never leave them below 3.8v. They should run/be used after they are charged. Placed at 3.8v right after you are done. The only way to do it. Or you will be eating lipos for sure. The pack will puff up go dead very fast etc, then you will be back here with a thread asking why this happened.
Need to research more regarding care and feeding of lipos. There are many videos in regards. And also much on AF here. Search around.
Store only at 3.8/cell . Storage mode setting does that automatically to 3.8v. Your Lectron lipo is 5,200 mah. So you will be charging at 5.2 amps. And Storage charging at 5.2 amps.
So should i storage it at 5.2 or 3.8 lol

5.2 AMPS is the amp setting for both Storage or Charging. Based on the Lipo's capacity, 5,200 Mah
The charger should automatically Storage Charge them to 3.8VOLTS/cell. Or Full Charge them to 4.2VOLTS/cell.
:smuggrin:

5.2 AMPS is the amp setting for both Storage or Charging. Based on the Lipo's capacity, 5,200 Mah
The charger should automatically Storage Charge them to 3.8VOLTS/cell. Or Full Charge them to 4.2VOLTS/cell.
:smuggrin:
Makes sense now lol guess i have to start somewhere

There is NO Guessing when it comes to Lipos. Follow the rules.
You will get it.
Best to learn and ask questions now before you brick your $Lipos$.

@RC - 1st day of upping the anti from NiMH to Lipo. I watched RC Sailors YT video on Lipo and they ‘storage charged’ at 1Amp. I’ve been sitting here for nearly 2hrs 😡😡😡

so I have a Overlander 2S - 5300mah which I charged at 5.3 Amp but your post says I can storage charge at 5.3 Amp also...??

also, another question if you could help. I’ve set my ESC to cut out if voltage drops below 3.6v - assume this is ok?

appreciate any guidance 👍🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back