Stock Typhon 3s btx battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
ESC LVC is fine at 3.6v/cell. đź‘Ť Yes, you Charge and also do Storage (charge) at the same amp rate. (1C)

That line above regarding The RC Saylers, I hope was a joke. :unsure:
If they are your source of RC information, don't bring it here.:LOL:
Sure I watch them for a laugh maybe.
In fact I watched much of their content to know they are the blind leading the blind. They tend to be bogus if you read between the lines. Wing it much of the time. They just read off the manuals without knowing much. Misinterpreting much as a result. They put on a air of RC knowledge for the unindoctrinated. The wrong picture of this Hobby IMHO.
Being monetized makes them showcase the worst garbage.
To each his own.
If you are into Tag Team Couple RC YT'ers, better to watch the RC Kiwis.:LOL:

ESC LVC is fine at 3.6v/cell. đź‘Ť Yes, you Charge and also do Storage (charge) at the same amp rate. (1C)

That line above regarding The RC Saylers, I hope was a joke. :unsure:
If they are your source of RC information, don't bring it here.:LOL:
Sure I watch them for a laugh maybe.
In fact I watched much of their content to know they are the blind leading the blind. They tend to be bogus if you read between the lines. Wing it much of the time. They just read off the manuals without knowing much. Misinterpreting much as a result. They put on a air of RC knowledge for the unindoctrinated. The wrong picture of this Hobby IMHO.
Being monetized makes them showcase the worst garbage.
To each his own.
If you are into Tag Team Couple RC YT'ers, better to watch the RC Kiwis.:LOL:
Ok - got it, they are a hotbed of disaster....!! Problem is that with being new to RC, little help coming back from my hobby store I’ve reverted to YouTube. Can’t say I take on board what they say as they don’t come across as pro like others out there but I did buy into their lipo video. My battery came with no instructions, charger booklet had little in it and having no knowledge on electrical doesn’t put me in a good position...🤔

anyway, just to clarify- battery is 2S - 5300 Mah so;

1. charge at 5.3amp
2. Storage at 1Amp and not 5.3amp?

Also read a lot on this forum about lipo bags being near on useless other than to contain immediate fire. Lined ammo boxes, batsafe boxes etc and keeping batteries outside in BBQ or in garages. Two questions;

3. Being in the Uk, our weather isn’t the best so if kept in say a batsafe but outside, will winter temperatures effect the battery?
4. As lipo can be that volatile, what the heck does everyone put them
I’m in their car when driving to the woods / park etc to keep the car and kids safe? Batsafe or similar again?

I don’t mind a bit of overkill if things can be kept as safe as possible. I’m charging and using straight away, storage charging after use, have hard case lipo to keep good care of them - feedback appreciated 👊🏻

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back