Typhon Stock Typhon Servo Saver

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Voltron7

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
I searched for this first, so I hope it's not redundant. If so, please delete.

I received the Typhon from Amain, and ran about 8-12 packs over the next few days.
Eventually, it for no apparent reason, the servo slowly began to fail, and after 2 packs, it was totally inop.
I called Arrma warranty (Hobbico) and they were super helpful.
Not only did they send out a new servo (received in less than 5 biz days) but also recommended to check the setting of the servo saver. The rep said sometimes they ship from factory way to tight. All new stuff to me, so I checked and it was as tight as it can be! After loosening it properly, the car handles better IMO and the servo has been fine for many packs of bashing. My Typhon manual did not have anything on adjustment, so I asked for one and he emailed right back. I'll attach the file here in case anyone finds it useful. I'm sure I could have googled this info, but it was nice their warranty dept. was extra helpful on the phone and email.

Attachments

• ServoSaverAdjustment_Arrma.pdf
    1.4 MB · Views: 151
So you have to take the whole steering assembly out just to adjust the servo saver? I do have the front end of mine taken apart right now for repairs, might as well adjust it.

So you have to take the whole steering assembly out just to adjust the servo saver? I do have the front end of mine taken apart right now for repairs, might as well adjust it.
I adjusted mine using a small driver going through the bottom of the chassis. There is a little empty hole near servo saver and there are videos on YouTube about how to adjust it, in place. Measuring is the tough part doing it "in place" but if you have several spacers you could do it that way.
HTH

edit: Here is the video I had watched...shows the process simply done.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back