Typhon Stock v5 Typhon question

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

krusieski

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Typhon 6s
Hey guys i just bought a typhon v5 brand new. Ive been watching alot of videos on people pushing the limits on speed runs with stock electronics and aftermarket gearing. My question is can i run a 26t pinion with a 34spur. I was getting confused with the center diff spur gear on the stock typhon. I do parking lot bashing right now and i want to get into speed runs.
55953A3A-B330-4E4A-918E-C326D1E645B9.png
95A96F21-4B40-4A1D-B540-004D25589057.png

I was confused because the stock 50t spur just looks so much different i wasnt sure if the 34 would bolt up on the stock setup Thanks again

27pin/34spur ( spooled) puts you into Speed Run speeds. The stock motor mount needs a 27 at minimum to use a 34T spool. 27 is smallest that will fit. It willl actually bottom out at the mount. 26t pin. and smaller will never mesh. Too small. Never reaching the spur.
The stock motor mount needs a 61 Total combined Tooth count at a minimum. (Pin tooth count + Spur tooth count =61T) For fitment purposes. And any combination of pin/spurs equaling 61t and greater can work. Up to max of 64 or 65 total if I am correct? Due to the stock motor mount max. limit.
Hope this helps some.

Hey that does help my other question is can i buy a 34t spur and put it on or do i need to buy a limitless or hotracing spool setup to put the spur gear on?

I'm not sure they sell a 34t spur for the stock diff think lowest I've seen is like a 40t. The one above is for the Limitless spool or any 8mm spool but will not work for the center diff, so yes you'd need a spool of some kind to use that 34t spur.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back