Stocker 3s motor work on 6s?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

joshludden

Thai guy in Iowa
Premium Member
ArrmaForum Fan
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Kraton 6s
  3. Typhon 3s
  4. Typhon 6s
Good evening arrma peeps. I have a busted up 3s typhon w/ a perfectly good 3200kv spektrum motor in it. Also have a blown stocker 2050kv spektrum in my pseudo tlr. Would it be possible (or wise) to put that motor from the 3s in my 6s Typhon & run it on 6s? Just trying to get another vehicle running. Thanks for any input 🙂🤘

Don't waste your time.
But who am I to say. Give a try if you are so inclined.:giggle: And can fit it well enough.
3200kv small motor can is Not correct for the weight of most 6s 4WD rigs at all. Inlcuding a Typhon.
But with the right motor you can run 6s rigs on 3s.
Can that Spektrum handle it???????

have not been able to find any info yet on running on 6s, in research though many reviews are speaking of front bearing failure in some cases destroying the motor shaft, pinion and spur.

Replacement bearings i found recommended have been by Fast Eddy, 5x16x5 (625-ZZ) and 5x13x4 (695-ZZ)

Regardless if you do decide to give 6s a try you will need to gear down, 3200kv is a tad much for 6s and the can is only 3660, while higher rpm is expected from smaller cans, they are not designed for higher voltage, so you already know the windings are finer guage wire being a smaller can, nominal voltage of 6s 22.2v x 3200kv gives a motor shaft speed of 71,040 rpm so the gearing issue if the windings survive 6s voltage and temperature from current is necessary to assess.

Sorry i cant help further but i cannot even find recommended motor speed advertised, nor cell count.

Now I gotta try, what am I really out? I think it'll be fun as heck...maybe tower will gimme a "warranty replacement". I guess that I just wanna shred tires/motors/diffs etc by driving these things hard- how I drive em🙃🤷‍♂️

Keep in mind that 22.2v is nominal voltage. Theoretical highest rpm is around 80,000, from 25.6v if you're ever spinning at no load. The motor isn't going to last long if you are doing full speed passes. However if you do short blips and don't really exceed 40-50,000 rpm on the motor, it could last a while. But if you stick the 6s in and give it the full beans, it's going to destroy the motor.

Also, the motor will be drastically undersized as was said above. It will run very hot and likely get cooked after too long anyway.

nuclear explosion GIF

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back