Big Rock Stones gets stuck in Big Rock V4 Steering - how to fix

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Claus.lyhne

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Vorteks
Hi all, I was driving with my brand new Arrma Big Rock V3 3S on some gravel, after few seconds a stone got stuck in the steering and I couldn't steer left. I got the small stone loose but after a minute another stone was stuck. After that happened 5 times I gave up. A friend had exactly the same issue with his Big Rock. I had no issues with my Granite V3 nor any of my Traxxas cars. And we were bashing around with 20 different RC truck for 4 hours, no trucks had any issues than the two Big Rocks, we simply gave up using the Big Rocks.

So clearly the Big Rock has an issue here, but what can I do to avoid stones in the steering, any ideas?

Thanks both of you. I don't have a 3D printer myself, I will see if I can get somebody to print one for me.

Meanwhile I can use the tape.

But what about stones getting in where the steering link enters the chassis (see drawing below) is that also an issue?

1619173713990.png

My experience suggests it is ok, I haven't had issue since I put the tape on top. But I guess it probably depends to some degree on where you are running and the exact type of debris etc. You can narrow that opening a bit with tape as well - I tried it at one point before I put the tape on the top.

Adding some moto foam on top of the steering linkage solved the issue for me. Rocks can still get in from underneat and from the front, but not from the top, which I believe is the most common occurence.
IMG_20210423_084315.jpg

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back