Raider Stop/Start Issue

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I do not, Maybe i need to pick up on one lol. I hope they're not too pricey, either. Thanks for the heads up.

I will say, I feel the heatsink all of the time, when I drove the blue one in the past (and on mine) and during this problem, it doesn't feel warmer than usual, usually not warm at all, even after the 10 minutes of time I get.

Last edited:
Update: Now the power surges from 0-100% in evenly timed spurts, no matter where I have the throttle trigger. I suppose I'm just gonna try a different ESC with motor combination. A direct replacement ESC is $30 on eBay and I have hunting to do to find some combos.

Thanks for the time!

Ya when things like that go wrong it's nice to upgrade stuff. Good luck with it. Hope it doesn't cost you alot.

So. I'm an idiot and grabbed the wrong battery from his bench, it had a bad cell he was going to fix. The car runs great now! I definitely need to get some brand new battery packs, as this used one only gives me around 20-25 minutes on a charge. I might be doing it wrong though.

Definite next purchase is an imax b6 mini ($18).
I'd like a HobbyKing 4ch 2-stick transmitter/6ch receiver ($25), but it's not a necessity. I'm just not a fan of pistol-style transmitters, lol.
I need more batteries, too! Planning to stay NiMh for a while. Then I can move on to ESC/motor upgrades maybe. Nothing too fast, lol.

Thanks for your time and for putting up with me.

Last edited:
Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back