Storage and Transportation ideas and options for 1:8 vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I found a nice, large hardshell suitcase which fits my truck and a little toolbox perfectly. It was very cheap and it's just thin plastic, but it's great for storage and transport of the truck!

IMG_20181118_214928420.jpg

Trackstar bag. Inside is a Senton, 3 small chargers, power strip, charging cables, Tx, and 6 batteries. 1 free pocket left. Took kit behind, some tackle box my wife said I could use.

It is nice being able to carry everything at the same time. Have another bag for my other Senton, can carry it all to the car at one time.

Attachments

• 20190125_211607.jpg
    20190125_211607.jpg
    167.6 KB · Views: 116
Have the same Trackstar bag as above, got it on one of Hobbyking's daily deals for less than $10..!! and its huge so many pockets..!!
It swallows my Senton, tools, batteries, spares and even has room for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich..???

I use the HPI roller bag to take my trucks out. I can stack a 1/10th and 1/8th inside. I have to get creative if I want to take 2 1/8th trucks.

This is my ERBEv1 and Stampede 4x4 vxl in the bag along with my tools, remote, spare parts bins, camera and extra packs:
2019-0203-NewHPIBag-ERBE-Stampede.jpg

Kind of pricey though, if you can find one these days. I haven't found a knock off or anything quite like it yet.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/92550

I use the HPI roller bag to take my trucks out. I can stack a 1/10th and 1/8th inside. I have to get creative if I want to take 2 1/8th trucks.

This is my ERBEv1 and Stampede 4x4 vxl in the bag along with my tools, remote, spare parts bins, camera and extra packs:
2019-0203-NewHPIBag-ERBE-Stampede.jpg

Kind of pricey though, if you can find one these days. I haven't found a knock off or anything quite like it yet.

http://www.hpiracing.com/en/part/92550

Nice looking bag for sure. I just looked it up and only found one on the Australian Ebay.
https://www.ebay.com/itm/HPI-CARRYI...709385?hash=item3645a58509:g:o8cAAOSwFytc1u3f
Have the same Trackstar bag as above, got it on one of Hobbyking's daily deals for less than $10..!! and its huge so many pockets..!!
It swallows my Senton, tools, batteries, spares and even has room for a peanut butter and jelly sandwich..???

This is a good buy if you like backpacks and it fits big trucks. I haven't looked at the dimensions closely but for $16 it's cheaper than a large pizza!

https://hobbyking.com/en_us/trackstar-vehicle-hauler-backpack.html?wrh_pdp=3

So I was searching for bags, cause you guys seriously got me think about it, and I came across this one from Schelle Racing, anyone got this? Wont fit a Kraton with wheel, but maybe if I take those off O_O Anw, the price is a lot more fair than HUDY' stuff.

sch1500-info-sheet.jpg

sch1500-info-sheet-2.jpg

I just put mine in the back of my wifes Mercedes . A little dirt never hurt anything. At home I rinse it off with a garden hose an then blow it dry with compressed air. I doesn't get it real clean , but at least the big chunks ore off. It will sit on my workbench in the basement till I run it again.

Just stack um up??‍♂️
My wife was in the 31 bag craze so if any of y'all know what I'm talking bout I got bags of all sizes

Attachments

• IMG_2718.JPG
    IMG_2718.JPG
    362.8 KB · Views: 92
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    289.4 KB · Views: 84
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    280.4 KB · Views: 90
What do you guys use for storage of your rcs? Particularly the 1:8 Arrma models? Also, how do you transport muddy rcs?

I measured my Noto and went to Home Depot to buy a 25 gallon tub ($14) to store and transport it to and from bash spots. Well, I mis-measured and the box isn't quite wide enough. I've seen some expensive bags but really would like to know if you guys have solutions along these lines or what you do. I've put a towel down on my backseat in my truck but still not ideal. I would even put em in my truck bed (I have a tonneau cover) but would rather them secured in a box or crate.

Thanks for any help.

For transport I've got one of those plastic reusable shopping bags, specifically from Ikea. It's much longer and wider than the normal ones just toss it all in there and go. It protects my actual car too when the RC car gets dirty since any meat is contained to the bag. Then when I'm out bashing it folds up small enough to stuff to in my pocket.

I’ve been using this set up for transportation and working on in the field out of the back of my truck. It’s certainly not like a having a carry bag, but I like it for what I need. The step stool came from another forum member. It’s perfect to give my Kraton a nice working height and keeps the wheels off the ground. Actually the tub was found by a buddy and forum member too. I didn’t think I’d find one the Kraton would fit in. You can’t put the lid on, but that doesn’t bother me. Keeps all the dirt contained, and allows me to carry it out to my truck. I keep the step stool in there along with some cleaning brushes, and a cheap flat blade screw driver to knock off dirt in between runs.

Attachments

• 9236CCE7-81B2-42FF-91E3-A77E710B6FCD.jpeg
    9236CCE7-81B2-42FF-91E3-A77E710B6FCD.jpeg
    199 KB · Views: 86
  • 3021162D-BAEC-4E5C-9BCA-06B972D9BD00.jpeg
    3021162D-BAEC-4E5C-9BCA-06B972D9BD00.jpeg
    234.5 KB · Views: 93
  • C6439657-9DCD-4B96-A1C3-E58B64DF43E5.jpeg
    C6439657-9DCD-4B96-A1C3-E58B64DF43E5.jpeg
    299.9 KB · Views: 86
  • 6098A9C2-3331-4FB5-811D-9E308B971CEA.png
    6098A9C2-3331-4FB5-811D-9E308B971CEA.png
    426.3 KB · Views: 96
  • AFCE956F-B69E-4003-A795-A937EFB483D0.jpeg
    AFCE956F-B69E-4003-A795-A937EFB483D0.jpeg
    309 KB · Views: 103
Linking up with HoneyBasherDontCare for a 7day, 1100mile round trip Bashathon.
IMG_0809.JPG

I somehow managed to fit the Talion and Outcast, plus enough parts to completely rebuild both rigs into 2 boxes and a tool bag
IMG_0811.JPG

View attachment 42778
I somehow managed to fit the Talion and Outcast, plus enough parts to completely rebuild both rigs into 2 boxes and a tool bag
View attachment 42779
Somebody likes playing Tetris! That is amazing that it all fit into those boxes.

View attachment 42778
View attachment 42779

Are you driving or flying? Seems like a bunch of stuff to haul around but I'd sure do it for a big blast vaca. Hope you bring plenty filming tools. ?
I’ve been using this set up for transportation and working on in the field out of the back of my truck. It’s certainly not like a having a carry bag, but I like it for what I need. The step stool came from another forum member. It’s perfect to give my Kraton a nice working height and keeps the wheels off the ground. Actually the tub was found by a buddy and forum member too. I didn’t think I’d find one the Kraton would fit in. You can’t put the lid on, but that doesn’t bother me. Keeps all the dirt contained, and allows me to carry it out to my truck. I keep the step stool in there along with some cleaning brushes, and a cheap flat blade screw driver to knock off dirt in between runs.

Thats exactly what I've been looking for. Not always big enough containers for 1:8 scale and you've taken it up a notch. Very nice and thanks for the tips!

Are you driving or flying? Seems like a bunch of stuff to haul around but I'd sure do it for a big blast vaca. Hope you bring plenty filming tools. ?
Driving.
Lipos, firearms and TSA don't play nice with one another.

Throw them in bed of pick up or trunk of car. No need for containers or fancy bags.

I bought myself a foldable cart.
It holds the Kraton and Thyphon inside and the Baja flux on top. Also has a bicycle bag for lipo's and the transmitter:

View attachment 42802

2 days later my daughters stole it:

View attachment 42803

Cart gone :ROFLMAO:
Oooooooo. I like that! Would make the days I run at the grass bmx track a lot less irritating. I have to drag my bag 1/4 mile, then stand on my head to work on my trucks. That would raise the bag up so I'm not standing on my head and make pulling the bag so far not such a chore. I'll have to see if I can find one of those.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back