Storage and Transportation ideas and options for 1:8 vehicles

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

crimsonfancy

A guy that won't give up easily.
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. BigRock 4x4
  2. Granite
  3. Kraton 6s
  4. Mojave
  5. Notorious
  6. Talion
  7. Typhon 6s
What do you guys use for storage of your rcs? Particularly the 1:8 Arrma models? Also, how do you transport muddy rcs?

I measured my Noto and went to Home Depot to buy a 25 gallon tub ($14) to store and transport it to and from bash spots. Well, I mis-measured and the box isn't quite wide enough. I've seen some expensive bags but really would like to know if you guys have solutions along these lines or what you do. I've put a towel down on my backseat in my truck but still not ideal. I would even put em in my truck bed (I have a tonneau cover) but would rather them secured in a box or crate.

Thanks for any help.

So far I’ve been using a folded up tarp from HF. Cheap, easy to shake off and clean. I thought of a tub, and my buddy suggested that too. But looking at the width of my Kraton, it would be a very large tub. Unless you want to pull the wheels off. If I did use a tub, it would be for long term storage only. As far as storage in say a garage or basement, I would buy or use one of those plastic shelving units that just push together. If your short on space like me, I was thinking of putting some large hooks on the wall, and hang my rigs from axles (crawlers) or A arms.

I have a pickup(with a bed cover), so on the way to Bash, they are back there. I have a 2x4 sideways in the bed before the wheel well to keep everything from sliding forward. At home, my RC's live at home in the garage on shelves...

But If I had a SUV to deal with, I would so something similar to one of my local Racers. He went to the local big box home improvement store, and bought the biggest wheeled storage bin they had (similar to this). On the inside of the lid, he mounted pegboard, and on the pegboard, he hard mounted his charger, power supply, a surge/outlet strip, small shelves for batteries while they are charging tool carriers, and some other stuff. In the box, his cars with the tires off. Plus a few small tool boxes and about a dozen sets of tires. All in one rolley box. At the track, he opens the lid, plugs in the cord to the power strip, and he has his works space ready to go. It was a pretty cool setup.

I would so something similar to one of my local Racers.
Man, I'd love to see a photo of this setup!

Here's a similar box I saw yesterday while I was there too. Love the look of it and it would certainly hold 1:10 scale, charger, etc. Also would hold 1:8 with wheels off.
Husky Rolling Crate

I should probably pick up a moving blanket or tarp from Harbor Freight. Usually free with the coupon, I use a couple moving blankets on my work table to keep stuff from rolling around.
I picked up this cheap caddy too. Easy to see everything inside and will hold lipos, small tools, spares and the radio.
Cheap Caddy

no mud or water; I am too ocd :LOL:
I understand and usually try to avoid mud and water but I have a new truck sitting here and the weather is poor. Every other day we have rain and not enough sun to dry it up! I just wanna run my my new truck off-road! :cry:

The only time I pack mine up is when I'm going to bring them with me on vacation.

Then I use one of those thick see through plastic zip up bags you get when you buy a new comforter/bed sheets

IMG_8080.PNG

I transport mine in the boot of my SUV and keep them in the house. I have considered a small/medium suitcase if I needed to walk a distance carrying one of them though as some are an almost ideal size and a decent price.

I built a little shelf out of a few pine boards and some cheap shelving brackets for in the basement, and haul in the back of the truck using some old towels as wheel chocks.

Attachments

• 20181010_190712.jpg
    20181010_190712.jpg
    215.8 KB · Views: 299
I built a little shelf out of a few pine boards and some cheap shelving brackets for in the basement, and haul in the back of the truck using some old towels as wheel chocks.
Wow! That's a very clean and simple looking display you have. Form and function (for the modernist aficionados.) Very nice work.

Wow! That's a very clean and simple looking display you have. Form and function (for the modernist aficionados.) Very nice work.
Thanks @crimsonfancy. I was mostly working with the room we have (it blows my mind how much space 3 small kids can take up) so small and effective was my only choice.

I also realize now that this thread was for 8th scale. Now I gotta go get one so my post can belong here!

Running out of room? Nah... You are not stacking your car yet...

I decommissioned my original Granite so I would have some more room, lol. After the Big Rock Crew Cab shows up I think I'm done except for a rock racer. That would cover everything that I'm interested in. I highly doubt I'll get a Talion. It's really not that different from a Kraton. And forget a 6s Senton. I rarely run my 3s Senton.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back