Storage Charging Lipos ???

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hoonigan

Reaction score
I have read people storage charge lipos even day before they drive next day.

What is this?

I run self about 3-4 packs day right now.
Also my Kids have start drive RC. they do the same almost.
Totally we run 10-12 packs daily with different cars.

I have hell charge already everything.

How to Storage charge 10-12 lipos daily?

Also their friends have try RC first time this summer.
They love this also.

I will train them all.
Alot kids.
I will be their Teacher soon.
We have already talk about this.
Couple parents want me to start RC TRAINING SCHOOL.
Offcourse they want this.
I HAVE ALL THE wild KIDS. Parents have private time alone LOL.

I need have about 30packs day soon. Not daily, 2-3 days week about 30packs

Last edited:
Sounds like you need about $1,000 for a couple big power supplies and 4 decent chargers.

Also- no way in hell I would have that many batteries without several good dischargers as well.

Sounds like you need about $1,000 for a couple big power supplies and 4 decent chargers.

Also- no way in hell I would have that many batteries without several good dischargers as well.

1000us ?

can i fix this for 500 someway please ?

I never let my packs sit overnight full or empty. I always storage charge, even if I'm going to run the next day. I don't have a "good" discharger though. I just rely on my chargers to do it... which can take a while if they are full packs that I didn't run due to breakage.

As it is, I used to charge up 8 packs before going out to run one dual pack truck so I'd have enough run time. Then I got a DC dual port charger to keep in my car all the time and now I typically take 2 trucks, a single pack truck (stampede, ejato) and a dual pack truck (outcast, savage flux, erevo). So I charge 4 for the dual pack and 2 for the single pack before I head out. Then I charge as needed while out.

What charger(s) do you have now? What cell count/capacity packs do you use?

What country are you in?

I never let my packs sit overnight full or empty. I always storage charge, even if I'm going to run the next day. I don't have a "good" discharger though. I just rely on my chargers to do it... which can take a while if they are full packs that I didn't run due to breakage.

As it is, I used to charge up 8 packs before going out to run one dual pack truck so I'd have enough run time. Then I got a DC dual port charger to keep in my car all the time and now I typically take 2 trucks, a single pack truck (stampede, ejato) and a dual pack truck (outcast, savage flux, erevo). So I charge 4 for the dual pack and 2 for the single pack before I head out. Then I charge as needed while out.

What charger(s) do you have now? What cell count/capacity packs do you use?

What country are you in?

I have 3 old chargers. One B5 , one b6 quattro . and one speed passion racing special,.this can charge 10amp, this is old.
First charger that did 10a on market that time.

I need Storage Charge ???
Scandinavia here

I will move to U.S about 4 years

Lipo's don't like sitting empty or full. Letting them sit full raises their internal resistance, which in lipo terms, adds electronic wear and shortens life, lessens run time and performance. Leaving them empty runs the risk of them self discharging below a safe level.

I read that charging them to 4.2V per cell as charging them fully and depleting them down to 3.1V shortens their life dramatically. I don't go that far, but in trucks where I can control the LVC, I set it to 3.5V.

If you want to read some about it, this is a page I came across showing how fully charging/discharging impacts cycle life:
https://batteryuniversity.com/learn/article/how_to_prolong_lithium_based_batteries

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back