Storage Mode

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sgerbitz

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Fazon
  2. Fury
  3. Granite
  4. Nero
  5. Raider
  6. Senton 6s
  7. Talion
I cant understand why when i put batteries in storage mode it takes 5+ hours for one battery?

My charger is max 1amp when i put in storage mode..

What voltage are they starting at? How out of balance are they?

These are two things that I notice make storage take forever - Balance and discharge. If the cells are above storage voltage, lots of lower end chargers discharge at a very low rate - often half an amp or less.

Well they are fully charged, i charged them up to play with my cars, but never went, and then i discharge at 1amp.. wish i could go at a higher rating.. any other way to get the batteries in storage mode fasteR?

Yeah, from full charge, it goes slow.

Fastest way would be to run them... :)

Another option would be to build a light bulb discharger like we used to do back in the NiCad days. Basically you just solder up 6-8 car tail lights in parallel. Run it on a timer with a external LVC alarm. If this is a 6s, Might need to do a 2p3s arrangement vs the 6p we used to do for NiCad, as the last time I used my bulb discharger was with a 6s pack, and the higher voltage blew all the bulbs... Not sure if it was over-voltage for the bulbs, or just old bulbs, but they didn't last long.

Now that we are talking about this, I am reminded that I charged up some packs a few weeks ago and never ran them :eek: Looks like I need a new discharger too.

Well they are fully charged, i charged them up to play with my cars, but never went, and then i discharge at 1amp.. wish i could go at a higher rating.. any other way to get the batteries in storage mode fasteR?
You can get a more powerful charger as the more powerful chargers normally have higher discharge rates. Also, you can look into DC chargers. Some DC chargers have regenerative discharging when hooked up to batteries, which allows you to discharge at significantly faster rates.

You can get a more powerful charger as the more powerful chargers normally have higher discharge rates. Also, you can look into DC chargers. Some DC chargers have regenerative discharging when hooked up to batteries, which allows you to discharge at significantly faster rates.

My Reaktor 2x300w does that. But I never hook it to a battery, only a PS. I think it will hit 2.something amps on the PS.

My charger - https://hobbyking.com/en_us/0620duo-600w-charger-300w-x2-version-2.html
Mine is an older version that did not support HVLIpos. I need to check my version ( I think mine are less) but this version has these discharge specs -
• Up to 300W unique regenerative discharge capability
• Unique lithium battery expanding discharge program. When you connect the external capacity resistance, you can use it as the maximum discharge power capacity-600W (@30V/20A)

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back