Storing a lipo battery

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ARRMAgeddon

Reaction score
Ey guys where are you keeping your lipo batteries?
20160801_181839_zpslvn4e04v.jpg

20160801_174233_zpscuhfszss.jpg

Metal ammo can with drywall on all sides

For people living in a small apartment in city center without balcony like me, we don't have any "safe" place to store it. I got three 5200mAh Lipos and I put them in metal ammo box and put the box near the entrance where there are ceramic tile on the floor. Everywhere else there is wood on the floor. I assume this is the safest place I can store my lipo... I don't have any spare plan if something goes wrong. But since the dangerous things often happen when charging and discharging, I'm not that worried.

My problem about keeping it inside the house is
My house can get really hot at times over 70 deg i believed
And incase of a fire that smoke dector is connected to my alarm lol fired dept. For sure will go check on the house

I suppose you mean 70 degree Celsius? How is that possible? My rented apartment is at top floor and it gets hot too. At most 38 degree Celsius when I'm off to work.

My problem about keeping it inside the house is
My house can get really hot at times over 70 deg i believed
And incase of a fire that smoke dector is connected to my alarm lol fired dept. For sure will go check on the house

All windows closed it can get very dusty since the back of my house is the freeway

Is there any storage i can buy so i can just leave them lipo outside

It is incredibly more important that you 'store' your LiPos at 50-60% capacity versus 'where' you store them. And a drained/empty/almost empty LiPo is MUCH more dangerous than a fully charged one.

I'll charge my LiPos before a run, then back at home put them on the charger to 'storage' voltage (appx 3.8v/cell) and then I just put them in a LiPo safe bag in my house.

See this post for more info

Oh i already read those
And also storaged charged

My problem is where to keep them safe
Since i cant keep them inside my house
All i have is that small shack were my tenants use to hang their clothes lol

Rivht now that lipo battery is on storaged charged
Wrapped with ziplock bag
And inside that ammo can
Hope i will not have any moisture in there

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back