Storing Tires

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Granite
I just put my unused tires in a plastic container and stored them in a tool shed outside in my backyard? Can they get damaged by the temperature like this? I know in the summer it gets really hot in there but right now in winter it gets between 65 and 75 during the day, 45-50 at night. I've got a lot of other RC stuff in the shed but the tires are the ones I'm most worried about.

I'm not quite sure if storing tires in shed is the best thing, especially in the hot summer, but if they are in a container it's better than nothing. Right? I've invested in some older tire tread patterns that I can't get anymore. I am currently using tires that are 10+ years old on some of my RCs. My supply of NOS (new old stock) tires are placed in FoodSaver vacuum bags to get excess air out without crushing the tires completely. They also get stored in lower level storage room. Seems to be working as I haven't had any dry rotting rubber yet.

Probably best to keep them inside where the humidity and temp doesn't fluctuate so much. I have some old tires (10+ yrs) in a box in my closet. They haven't dry rotted at all that I've noticed. I had quite a few from the 3.2" MT wheels back in the day that I baked off the 14mm rims and put on a shelf. I've remounted a couple sets of them in recent years on new 17mm wheels and ran them without much issue.

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back