Outcast Straight into the swamp

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

abh16

Reaction score
Cartwheeled straight into a pond/swamp today. Got 5 yards in and 12 inches water depth before coming to a stop. Didn't want to go in the nasty water so tried to drive her out but it only drove it deeper into the water and muddy bottom. Finally gave in and retreived it manually. Still ran though! So much seaweed and algae and swampy crap wrapped around everything spinning. Had to whip out the air comp! Still reaks like swampass whole garage now.
2022-09-2401.37.24713964431050428084.jpg
2022-09-2401.42.101059908443688354412.jpg

You didn't mention it specifically but, just in case, you might want to consider disassembling your motor and rinsing it out with electrical contact spray and then blowing it out with your compressor so it doesn't seize up on you. Oh, and don't forget to do a full bearing maintenance before they get corroded too.

Just a thought.

Cartwheeled straight into a pond/swamp today. Got 5 yards in and 12 inches water depth before coming to a stop. Didn't want to go in the nasty water so tried to drive her out but it only drove it deeper into the water and muddy bottom. Finally gave in and retreived it manually. Still ran though! So much seaweed and algae and swampy crap wrapped around everything spinning. Had to whip out the air comp! Still reaks like swampass whole garage now. View attachment 245496View attachment 245500
Where's the truck?

Cool, i recently bough a 3 pack of them to clean out my diffs. Works wonders. Pairedwith ultrasonic cleaning, great results

You didn't mention it specifically but, just in case, you might want to consider disassembling your motor and rinsing it out with electrical contact spray and then blowing it out with your compressor so it doesn't seize up on you. Oh, and don't forget to do a full bearing maintenance before they get corroded too.

Just a thought.
Ugh speedrunners :rolleyes: it’ll be fine no need to do that

Just kidding all great advice though killed many motors that way

I'd be ordering a new complete bearing set now as your going to need it. Including motor bearings. Also open the diff cases and check for moisture ingress. Ask me how I know.

Last edited:
You have to open up your rig and re-lube all bearings incl. motor. That cleaner will not work, but it does help.
Most of the bearings you can't even see i.e. cleaner won't get to it. Disassemble the motor as well.
As above, order a full replacement set of bearings, even if you don't need them today you will by end of season.

You have to open up your rig and re-lube all bearings incl. motor. That cleaner will not work, but it does help.
Most of the bearings you can't even see i.e. cleaner won't get to it. Disassemble the motor as well.
As above, order a full replacement set of bearings, even if you don't need them today you will by end of season.
FWIW, I wasn't recommending the electrical cleaner for bearings, only for washing out the motor. Bearings are a separate process entirely.

Cartwheeled straight into a pond/swamp today. Got 5 yards in and 12 inches water depth before coming to a stop. Didn't want to go in the nasty water so tried to drive her out but it only drove it deeper into the water and muddy bottom. Finally gave in and retreived it manually. Still ran though! So much seaweed and algae and swampy crap wrapped around everything spinning. Had to whip out the air comp! Still reaks like swampass whole garage now. View attachment 245496View attachment 245500
How is swampass doing now? Did you do a deep cleaning and re-lube? If so, would you mind describing what you found and how you fixed it? Thanks!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back