Infraction Strange issue with AVC/Steering..??

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BashingBrian

#ArrmaAddict #RCwhore
Excellence Award
Build Thread Contributor
Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Infraction
  2. Mojave EXB
  3. Outcast 8s
  4. Outcast EXB
  5. Talion EXB
  6. Typhon 6s
I'll try to explain this as easily as possible...? To start with both cars are using the stock DX2e..!!

The AVC on my infraction seems to not really change the drivability ie: the throttle no matter where the knob is..??, but does affect the steering speed from fast to slow.. If you hold the car off the ground and wiggle the car it counter steers at different speeds depending on AVC knob position.. so it sort of works ? I have full steering lock no matter how high or low AVC is..!!

Where as my mates car if you turn AVC down to zero full anti clockwise he loses his steering to the point that it won't even turn, anything above say 4 o'clock and his steering is fine, but the lower he turns the AVC Knob the less actual steering he has to the point that the car has no steering lock at all..?

Do think it could have glitched out and may need a factory reset..??

Both of us are loving the truck, but it's a bit ? that we are having these issues..?

I ask the people on here with Infractions to give theirs a test and let me know what you find..??

Cheers??

I'll try to explain this as easily as possible...? To start with both cars are using the stock DX2e..!!

The AVC on my infraction seems to not really change the drivability ie: the throttle no matter where the knob is..??, but does affect the steering speed from fast to slow.. If you hold the car off the ground and wiggle the car it counter steers at different speeds depending on AVC knob position.. so it sort of works ? I have full steering lock no matter how high or low AVC is..!!

Where as my mates car if you turn AVC down to zero full anti clockwise he loses his steering to the point that it won't even turn, anything above say 4 o'clock and his steering is fine, but the lower he turns the AVC Knob the less actual steering he has to the point that the car has no steering lock at all..?

Both of us are loving the truck, but it's a bit ? that we are having these issues..?

I ask the people on here with Infractions to give theirs a test and let me know what you find..??

Cheers??

It sounds like the AVC is either not working or disabled in your friend's truck. This is what is says in my Losi SRR manual which has the same transmitter/receiver:

"IMPORTANT: The ST RATE knob will only adjust the sensitivity when the transmitter is bound to a DSMR AVC receiver. When the transmitter is bound to a DSM2/DSMR non AVC receiver, the ST RATE knob controls the steering dual rate."

It sure sounds like his is acting like it is changing the steering dual rate. I would rebind it, making sure to calibrate the AVC as well. There is a strict procedure that must be followed in order for the AVC to work properly.

Yup, sounds like a mix up somewhere in the programming. AVC is an interesting feature. My only experience is with my Radio Link and it's receiver that has a built in gyro (AVC). In my opinion, the channel for the AVC has to be on a knob, to allow adjustment. Neither all on, or all off is not good. And it does sound like on your Friends truck, the knob he's turning is adjusting the steering dual rate, not the AVC sensitivity.

I have the DX2e on my SBR, Infraction and more relevantly i also had it on a Proboat Zelos.

When AVC is disabled or unavailable as it was on the Zelos, then the AVC knob will adjust the steering dual rate. I found this out when the Zelos wanted to turn like a barge.

To disable AVC on a SRS6000 you need dual bind plugs, so its highly unlikely to be anything a user would do accidentally. Its more likely that the receiver is faulty. HTH.

Cheers??

Afternoon to ya! Hope this finds ya well. So the only fix I've been able to find, personally so far, is just rebinding the Tx to the Rx again via the bind plug. Once I rebound the Tx to the Rx, with AVC turned all the way down, it is now allowing me to have full steering radius, along with the proper use of AVC if I turn that up some.
Really hope if you try and reset the Bind from the Tx to the Rx again, that should reset the AVC control to not try and take over your steering adjustment. Good luck to ya guys! Happy RC'ing!!

One thing worth mentioning. The SR6000 receiver uses aux 1 and aux 2 for the AVC. You can't have anything plugged into those if you plan on using the AVC.

One thing worth mentioning. The SR6000 receiver uses aux 1 and aux 2 for the AVC. You can't have anything plugged into those if you plan on using the AVC.
Even fans?

I have a fan plugged in - and the front wheels turn when I pick it up, so I think that means AVC is still working.

Trying to understand that post, I have 2 splitters coming from my Rx which I have 2 fans plugged into one splitter and 2 light kits plugged into the splitter. They both power what they need too, along with (at the moment) my AVC working as intended, with being able to adjust more or less of the AVC input...

Maybe he means you can't have something like a servo plugged into them.

Heh, which then I can understand. Hopefully my last post didn't come across the wrong way. Sincerely, trying to learn all I can about this hobby!!

My bad. Here is the explanation fr my SRR manual:

20190830_153131.jpg

I'm literally having the same issue as well. I'll post if I find a fix as well. Grrrr these damn transmitters...
I to am having the same damn problem. Started last night 5 minutes into putting her down and running her. Now all I have is a e-brake, forward and reverse but no steering!!!!!!

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back