Notorious Straps ripping

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Izzy

Reaction score
Arrma RC's
  1. Notorious
  2. Raider
  3. Talion
Anyone have this problem,I put the battery in tray put the straps make a few jumps and the little straps rips right where it loops around plastic receiver,it happened twice. Warranty issue? Thanks

Why not try, won't cost you nothing to ask.

Not a fan of the battery tray at all in these things. Going to switch it I think soon enough to a V1 Talion holder. You know, a simpler, more effective battery holder /

Sorry for my rant and for being off topic )

I haven't had any issue with mine on my outcast v2 (2018). Still running the same straps it came with when I bought it last July. Most of the time running was with 2x2S 7400mah SMC lipos which required me to have the front piece raised/extended a bit. Now I run HRB5000 3S or hobbystar 6200 3S which are both longer than the 2S packs I was running but stack about the same height.

Maybe your tray has a bit of a burr on it that is tearing up the velcro?

I haven't had any issue with mine on my outcast v2 (2018). Still running the same straps it came with when I bought it last July. Most of the time running was with 2x2S 7400mah SMC lipos which required me to have the front piece raised/extended a bit. Now I run HRB5000 3S or hobbystar 6200 3S which are both longer than the 2S packs I was running but stack about the same height.

Maybe your tray has a bit of a burr on it that is tearing up the velcro?
I thought so to ,but all smooth,thanks for the reply. Probably try different straps.
Not a fan of the battery tray at all in these things. Going to switch it I think soon enough to a V1 Talion holder. You know, a simpler, more effective battery holder /

Sorry for my rant and for being off topic )
That's a good idea. Thanks

After seeing my buddy with the v2 talion throw it's packs out all the time... I'll stick with my trays. Then again, he wasn't overly diligent with the straps.

Anyone have this problem,I put the battery in tray put the straps make a few jumps and the little straps rips right where it loops around plastic receiver,it happened twice. Warranty issue? Thanks
Can you post a pic of the straps you're having trouble with? There's one small that goes side to side, and one large that goes front to back on mine. If it's the large f to b one, I sewed and stapled it together at the end, near the back of the truck. The velcro wasn't strong enough to hold in big jumps, but a few staples with some quick stitches, and it's never been a problem since.

Attachments

• 20190529_220222.jpg
    20190529_220222.jpg
    729.8 KB · Views: 40
Can you post a pic of the straps you're having trouble with? There's one small that goes side to side, and one large that goes front to back on mine. If it's the large f to b one, I sewed and stapled it together at the end, near the back of the truck. The velcro wasn't strong enough to hold in big jumps, but a few staples with some quick stitches, and it's never been a problem since.
Will send pics later.. Thanks

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back