Typhon Street/Speed build

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate
links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I went back down after dinner and set the ride height and got picky final trimming the wheel arches and the front and rear of the body. I trimmed the front splitter and probably 80% of it is in the trash. I left a 15mm lip around the front of the body. I think the body is ready to be sanded and smoothed around the wheel arches and the front. I then stared at it from different angles, inverted and right-side-up, for probably half an hour as I tried to get my brain around what I’ll be doing with the side skirts. I’m hoping to somewhat emulate the Scorched full length design on the sides.
I’m slow at this, guys. I go down to my bench with high hopes and then second guess myself over and over while overthinking the heck out of everything. And still get get it wrong half the time, 😂. It’s a fun process though, even when I get frustrated and have to walk away for awhile. Looking forward to continuing!
Your doing a great job dan.doesn't matter how slow you are or how many times you second guess ..it's your build and there is no time line to complete..take your sweet time bud..I'm pretty much in the same boat.with my build .my problem is I jump around to much.ill start one thing and then the next day I'll jump on something else.or I'll sit there looking at it and ideas rush my little brain and I seem to overwhelm my self with so many ideas that I get confused on really what I want to go with because I love every idea .and it's hard to choose one .kinda sucks I have this problem because I can't focus . especially if I drop a few Coronas with lime then ideas really flood me out.anyways we all enjoy what you do on this build and just do your thing.. mainly concentrate on getting your self better .hope ya feel better soon .😁👍

Yo, I totally stripped out the chassis and relocated everything but the servo mount. Now I’m going to install this awesome, trick receiver box!
6FE9D121-01E7-43EB-B06A-7F5257FF30B5.jpeg

Chill out guys, I’m just kidding…
That’d be some funny 💩 though, right?

Yo, I totally stripped out the chassis and relocated everything but the servo mount. Now I’m going to install this awesome, trick receiver box!
View attachment 282352
Chill out guys, I’m just kidding…
That’d be some funny 💩 though, right?
Thank god.its by Traxxas 🤣 you can put that receiver box back in the garbage 🤣🤣🤣🤣

Thank god.its by Traxxas 🤣 you can put that receiver box back in the garbage 🤣🤣🤣🤣
I seriously considered using it. Would have made me smile every time I popped the lid off.

I seriously considered using it. Would have made me smile every time I popped the lid off.

And that's the ONLY way a Trapxsus Part can go as Fast as an Arrma .

And that's the ONLY way a Trapxsus Part can go as Fast as an Arrma .
Agreed. Ain‘t nobody chasing any world records with an X0-1.
Fortunately, I decided on a Typhon box I had lying around utilizing an expertly 3D printed, perfectly fitting receiver box extension that I acquired from an exceptionally talented forum friend whose name escapes me… 😊

Fortunately, I decided on a Typhon box I had lying around utilizing an expertly 3D printed, perfectly fitting receiver box extension that I acquired from an exceptionally talented forum friend whose name escapes me… 😊

No worries..

I'm sure it'll come to you!
More Beer! 🍻

Xo-1 who ??? What's that 🤣🤣🤣🤣 more like XO-1 slow🤣🤣🤣

No worries..

I'm sure it'll come to you!
More Beer! 🍻
Beer? Tito’s, baby! Makes a great White Russian. And I sincerely hope I don’t need to amend the name to Caucasian Ukrainian. It just doesn’t work for me…
I’d probably have to wash my robe or something.

Well, I’m going in a bit of a different direction with this. Initially this was to be my SWB speed run build, but that one is waiting in the wings. Please stay tuned.
I figured I’d find a plan and get this one off the bench. It’s pretty much an over-the-top street basher, but I hope to learn a bit with it and it should take me pretty close to 100mph with the electronics I’m starting with. I already had most of the dry-fit part of the build done, sorry no pix. Details follow:
Scorched Chassis, Typhon,
Scorched Titanium center shafts,
Scorched hardened steel diff f/r input cups (holy moly man, they run true AF!!!),
Scorched adjustable rear toe blocks/hinge pin retainers, 1.3° toe,
Scorched titanium rear skid plate, chassis drilled accordingly (SPARKS BABY, YEAH!!!!),
PPS motor mount,
HW Max 6/1650 combo (it’s just to startwith. Jesus, give me a freaking break. I owned it, man),
46t Infraction center diff, 1million, (Scorched spool w/assorted pinions on hand for later speed runs)
GP5 front diff, 50k,
GP5 rear diff, 30k,
HR bulkhead covers,
Vitavon upper and lower arms, front,
Vitavon hub carriers, front and rear,
Vitavon rear arms.
Basher Queen Ackerman arm, adjustable servo saver, top plate, steering plates, servo mount, front and rear (Limitless) towers. Thanks Kimberly, you rock. Uber awesome sh*t, man!
Hardened tool steel CVD’s front and rear.
My next two days look to be potentially hectic, but I’ll follow up soon. Progress today:
View attachment 275946
View attachment 275948
View attachment 275951
View attachment 275952View attachment 275953
Good to be working on it again, it sho feels fine. Gonna be awesome.
S.O.B lol. Looks off the chain broooooooo. I am looking at a Scorched streched Typhon buld myself. Streetbasher? She looks more like a shelf queen. Be a douche and put it away for 20 years then sell it for $3000.00 lol.

Awesome thanks! I think I get what you’re saying but pics would be great. Plus a link to those shims. I’m trying to wrap up the new build. I should be able to run it next weekend but I ordered the Scorched bulkheads and Vitavon arms to replace the GPM arms. Also waiting on Scorched to release their front hubs so basically I’ll be tearing the whole thing down again when the parts arrive. Just want to make sure I have everything I need when parts arrive.
Oh Wow, you got me going to GPMs and you skip to Vitavons lol. Let me know how they are, the GPMs are good but I still get some play. Why the switch?

I must say though the xo-1 body cover is nice I almost bought one for my build but I didn't because I didn't want any Traxxas parts on my arrma..just didn't feel right.

Oh Wow, you got me going to GPMs and you skip to Vitavons lol. Let me know how they are, the GPMs are good but I still get some play. Why the switch?
I ended up not using the Vitavon so I can’t tell you how they are. Lol. Maybe a trivial reason but the Vitavon titanium color didn’t match the scorched bulkheads or anything else. I’m not sure why you have play. I have zero play on the GPM arms on the V1 and V2 GT cars. I’d have to see a video or something to tell where the play is coming from.

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... I got couple hours in today and “finalized” the layout. I think? The pictures kind of suck, I’ll take more tomorrow. I think I’m mostly done drilling holes in the chassis, though. 😊
4ED840DD-6F1E-4B0C-BA00-DCBA742514F7.jpeg

A66CBFFF-CD1B-495D-8385-836F210A19A5.jpeg

051C6829-4B72-4679-BE02-BC880C70A0B3.jpeg

Almost time to fire up the soldering station! (Exclamation point was used to infer my excitement at this, whereas it actually stresses me out doing that 8mm stuff.)

Meanwhile, back at the ranch... I got couple hours in today and “finalized” the layout. I think? The pictures kind of suck, I’ll take more tomorrow. I think I’m mostly done drilling holes in the chassis, though. 😊
View attachment 284219
View attachment 284220
View attachment 284221
Almost time to fire up the soldering station! (Exclamation point was used to infer my excitement at this, whereas it actually stresses me out doing that 8mm stuff.)
Looks awesome 👍

Old Thread: Hello . There have been no replies in this thread for 90 days.
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.
Back